The Lodge on Lake Lure
The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa(Lake Lure)(Great Value!)
US$134
Hotwire.com
Chimney Rock Inn(Chimney Rock)(Great Value!)
US$98
Travelocity
Carter Lodge(Chimney Rock)(Great Value!)
US$114
The Esmeralda Inn(Chimney Rock)
US$189
US$87
US$129
  • Pool
Fox Run Resort(Lake Lure)
  • Pool
All reviewsclaw foot tubboat houseprivate balconygolden pondeach eveningother guestsglass of wineselect registryfortune cookiesgas fireplaceget awayseveral yearschimney rockstayed two nightslong weekendsitting areacan't wait to come back
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 November 2011

We don't normally stay at Bed and Breakfasts but found the Lodge on the internet when looking for somewhere to go for our anniversary. Everything was just as depicted on the website and couldn't have been more pleased. The staff were friendly and helpful, but not bothersome. The rooms were well appointed, clean, and had great views. Although there are things to do in the area, the Lodge itself is quiet and peaceful and perfect for a get away from a busy life. The complimentary breakfast was outstanding and definitely gourmet (not your typical complimentary breakfast) and if you choose to have dinner at the Lodge on Friday or Saturday, you will not be disappointed - it was excellent. We will be back just as soon as our schedules allow.

Room Tip: We were in room 12. I believe it is one of the largest with a huge bath including a jacuzzi tub. It was tucked away off the veranda, with its own entrance and deck and a lot of privacy.
Reviewed 1 November 2011

My husband and I recently kicked off a fall vacation with a few days at the LOLL. We found everything exactly as advertised on the Lodge website. The service was helpful when needed and otherwise unobtrusive. This was out first stay at the lodge and we didn't realize breakfast was available and complimentary until we got there. This is NC hospitality at its best.

Also, if you stay here and happen to be a barbeque fan, don't miss the Lake Lure Smokehouse. The boat tour around the lake is also fun for first time visitors.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 16 and found it to be comfortable (for two), clean and convenient to the main building.
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Excellent escape locale for those looking for a high-class yet casual and intimate inn. Although billed as a B & B, the Lodge on Lake Lure seems like a small boutique hotel. The breakfast is served at your private table in the dining room, the rooms are located along several halls, all with their own private deck and baths. Very plush linens! And, the view! Beautiful! Wonderful friendly staff as well.

Room Tip: The rooms on the end of the halls have gas fireplaces. Rooms on top floor are quieter and on the same level as common and dining rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Have been coming here with close friends for an annual fall weekend for six years. The Lodge offers a spectacular location, a yummy breakfast, warm hospitality from the staff and comfortable rooms. The views of the lake are gorgeous. I wasn't sure how I'd like some of the new decor and recent renovations, but I did like them, especially the improved reception/check-in area and the dock access. It sounds like more new features may be added next year. We'll be back!

Reviewed 20 October 2011

I recently had my wedding at the Lodge and I honestly cannot think of a single thing that was not 100% perfect.

Andrew (the manager) and all the staff were unbelievably helpful and accommodating, both in getting everything set in the months and weeks ahead of time and during the actual event. Everyone was all smiles and really went out of their ways to make sure my (now) wife and I, as well as our guests, had everything we needed and really just enjoyed ourselves. It's funny how much of a difference having a happy and engaged staff was to the whole event.

The venue is breathtakingly beautiful and easily accommodated everyone (we had a fairly small event – less than 40 people). The Lodge has just finished partial renovations and everything looks great in the main areas, the rooms, and on the grounds. Everything was clean and fresh and well-maintained. The rooms were outstanding; each one had gorgeous views and ample space to stretch out with enough amenities to go around (huge bathtubs, outdoor spaces, fireplaces)

Although less relevant unless you are planning an event yourself, I must commend the Lodge and Andrew on two points: the incredible value and the quality of food. I can't tell you how refreshing it was to find a venue that didn’t hear "wedding" and immediately raise their prices 50%. The rooms are all at rates which are more than fair, the food and wine was market-rate, and there were no "service fees" or "facility fees" or anything like that. Speaking of the food, the dinner Andrew and his staff prepared for us was absolutely amazing. Fresh, local ingredients combined with sheer variety ensured that everyone had their fill of whatever they decided to eat and drink.

I could rave about the venue for hours if pressed, but for the purposes of this review, let me close by saying if you are planning a smallish wedding, family reunion, corporate retreat, or any other type of group event, you will not a find a more hospitable staff, a more beautiful location, or more reasonable prices than the Lodge on Lake Lure. I cannot thank them enough for helping make my wedding a truly wonderful event.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family