“Lots of fun.”

Lake Lure Adventure Company
Reviewed September 11, 2016 via mobile

Each year the day we rent a pontoon boat is always the highlight of our Lake Lure vacation. Lake Lure Adventure Co has been the best to work with and offers the best boats for swimming & enjoying the lake. The lake offers some of the best mountain views and is a great way to see the area.

All reviews
"these folks"
"knew how"
"staff was friendly"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this place"
"enjoy the beauty"
in 6 reviews
"rope"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

This is simple quaint private business that is very affordable and family friendly. Almost at Sundown one evening the owner did not hesitate to take me and my hubbs on a boat to look for our over adventurous teenager who went exploring Lake Lure in a Kayak. A few days later we as a family rented a pontoon boat for a few hours to explore this beautiful lake. I highly recommend this business to anyone who is renting a property on the lake.
Eddy and Sole Dieguez

Reviewed August 29, 2016

We called the day before going up to ask about their kayaks as beginners we wanted to try a longer more stable sit on top kayak and the model specified on their rates page was one that interested us. When we called we specified it and they did not say they did not have that. kayak. I heard my husband on the phone specifying that very model.

When we got there we found out they only had sit in kayaks and sups and never had any sit on top kayaks. They tried to tell us we could ride around on the SUP by sitting on it. Looked like, with no seat, it would be terribly uncomfortable to sit on. We left very frustrated since this was how we had planned to spend our day off.

We were fortunate that, even though the town marina does not rent the beach kayaks on weekdays, they had some fishing kayaks they did rent us and we had a great time. I would hate to have driven almost 2 hours an not have our birthday adventure.

lakelureadventure, Owner at Lake Lure Adventure Company, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2017

I apologize for the confusion, our SUP boards are actually called VERSA boards. They are specifically designed so that you can stand or sit on top of them, and they are made of the same material as a kayak. No one at our dock would have intentionally mislead you. Anyway, I'm glad that your day wasn't completely ruined. Again, sorry for the miscommunication.

Reviewed August 11, 2016 via mobile

We regularly come to Lake Lure and my son has wanted to go waterskiing. Last year Lake Lure Adventure Company got him up using a boom off the side of the boat. This year Brian was our guide. He got our son up on the first try using a rope behind the boat. We had to reschedule several times does to weather and Brian was very accommodating. Highly recommend this company.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 7, 2016

My wife and I recently rented a pontoon boat from Lake Lure Adventure Company for a half day on Lake Lure. This outing was the pinnacle of a visit for a couple of my wife's relatives who were visiting from Colombia, SA.

Everything about this excursion was wonderful! The boat was nice, clean, and in great working condition. The rental was easy, and issue-free. The people who work at the Adventure Company were very friendly, informative, and professional.

Having our own private boat on Lake Lure was a dream come true! It was so much nicer than the guided tours you can get elsewhere, though obviously missing the anecdotes about many of the beautiful properties that line the shores of the lake (which are part of those guided tours). But having the ability to stop the boat anyplace to take wonderful photos, or just jump in and swin, MORE than made up for the lacking commentary.

Now that we've done this excursion once, we hope to be able to go back when we have other guests, and repeat our little trip.

We highly recommend this little company for the best experience you can have on Lake Lure, and one of the best experiences one can have in Western NC!