“Very Disappointing - personal items missing and not returned”

Lake Lure Adventure Company
Reviewed September 20, 2016

We spent a week traveling throughout NC and stayed a few days in Lake Lure. We decided to rent a pontoon boat with some friends for the day and contacted Lake Lure Adventure Company.
We brought our cooler, towels, fishing pole and NEW FISHING GEAR which was still on in packaging and a NEW TACKLE BOX ( which I had just received the month before for my Anniversary). In exiting the boat we gathered our personal items but left the tackle box with new unused tackle on the dock.
We paid our bill ( EVEN LEFT A TIP) and did not realize we had left our tackle box behind .- nor did anyone even call to say that we had left it which was very disappointing.
Three days later traveling through NC we noticed it was not in our vehicle and called, we were told it was just were we left it on the dock. I stated I was surprised no one called to inform us after we left but by that time we were 4 hours away and would not be able to return to pick it up.
On returning from our vacation we called REPEATEDLY to have it shipped back to our home at our cost and explained the box and the tackle was an anniversary gift.
Our trip to NC was in July and finally 2 months later in September it was sent back at OUR COST with almost all of the new tackle missing....So we paid to have an empty tackle box returned and I am sure who ever sent it back had a good laugh on us.
Would not recommend - other reputable choices available on the lake.

lakelureadventure, Owner at Lake Lure Adventure Company, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2017

First of all, we are very sorry how this turned out. We run a very busy family oriented, rental business on a small dock with anywhere from 5 to 25 rentals per day during the season. We didn't call, frankly because we didn't realize that someone had left it, it looked just like one that we loan out on a daily basis. Yes, there were a series of unfortunately timed calls and some miscommunications, and for that I apologize but I assure you that no one at this dock stole anything or laughed at the result. I, the owner made one last call to try and remedy the situation after a very angry and verbally abusive message and did not receive a call back.

All reviews
"rented a pontoon boat"
in 7 reviews
"water ski"
in 3 reviews
"the rumbling bald resort"
"great customer service"
"porta potty"
in 2 reviews
"the staff was friendly and helpful"
"these folks"
"wakeboarding"
"vacation"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed September 11, 2016 via mobile

Each year the day we rent a pontoon boat is always the highlight of our Lake Lure vacation. Lake Lure Adventure Co has been the best to work with and offers the best boats for swimming & enjoying the lake. The lake offers some of the best mountain views and is a great way to see the area.

Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

This is simple quaint private business that is very affordable and family friendly. Almost at Sundown one evening the owner did not hesitate to take me and my hubbs on a boat to look for our over adventurous teenager who went exploring Lake Lure in a Kayak. A few days later we as a family rented a pontoon boat for a few hours to explore this beautiful lake. I highly recommend this business to anyone who is renting a property on the lake.
Eddy and Sole Dieguez

Reviewed August 29, 2016

We called the day before going up to ask about their kayaks as beginners we wanted to try a longer more stable sit on top kayak and the model specified on their rates page was one that interested us. When we called we specified it and they did not say they did not have that. kayak. I heard my husband on the phone specifying that very model.

When we got there we found out they only had sit in kayaks and sups and never had any sit on top kayaks. They tried to tell us we could ride around on the SUP by sitting on it. Looked like, with no seat, it would be terribly uncomfortable to sit on. We left very frustrated since this was how we had planned to spend our day off.

We were fortunate that, even though the town marina does not rent the beach kayaks on weekdays, they had some fishing kayaks they did rent us and we had a great time. I would hate to have driven almost 2 hours an not have our birthday adventure.

I apologize for the confusion, our SUP boards are actually called VERSA boards. They are specifically designed so that you can stand or sit on top of them, and they are made of the same material as a kayak. No one at our dock would have intentionally mislead you. Anyway, I'm glad that your day wasn't completely ruined. Again, sorry for the miscommunication.