Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Awesome day on the water

Fantastic day w captain mark who was both the owner of the company and our boat driver /ski and... read more

Reviewed August 26, 2018
familytrvlr2018
Chicago, Illinois
via mobile
Grandkids trying tubing/knee boarding

11 yr. old by & 9 yr. old girl did tubing behind a ski boat for the 1sttime. The drivers are all... read more

Reviewed August 19, 2018
Alan O
Valrico, Florida

All reviews rented a pontoon boat water ski wake board family rented porta potty these folks knew how staff was friendly highly recommend this place two hours enjoy the beauty tubing dock boats anchor driver lake
Reviewed September 21, 2016 via mobile

Impressive staff. Super important when catering to a preteen. I will forever be thankful for her experience this summer...Signed a thankful mother ❤️

Reviewed September 21, 2016

Anyone visiting or living near Lake Lure should give Lake Lure Adventure Company a call. These people go out of their way to ensure you and your family will have the most enjoyable experience on Lake Lure. The staff at Lake Lure Adventure is friendly and each of them will go far beyond the scope of making you feel welcome while providing you with excellence service.

Reviewed September 20, 2016

We spent a week traveling throughout NC and stayed a few days in Lake Lure. We decided to rent a pontoon boat with some friends for the day and contacted Lake Lure Adventure Company.
We brought our cooler, towels, fishing pole and NEW FISHING GEAR which was still on in packaging and a NEW TACKLE BOX ( which I had just received the month before for my Anniversary). In exiting the boat we gathered our personal items but left the tackle box with new unused tackle on the dock.
We paid our bill ( EVEN LEFT A TIP) and did not realize we had left our tackle box behind .- nor did anyone even call to say that we had left it which was very disappointing.
Three days later traveling through NC we noticed it was not in our vehicle and called, we were told it was just were we left it on the dock. I stated I was surprised no one called to inform us after we left but by that time we were 4 hours away and would not be able to return to pick it up.
On returning from our vacation we called REPEATEDLY to have it shipped back to our home at our cost and explained the box and the tackle was an anniversary gift.
Our trip to NC was in July and finally 2 months later in September it was sent back at OUR COST with almost all of the new tackle missing....So we paid to have an empty tackle box returned and I am sure who ever sent it back had a good laugh on us.
Would not recommend - other reputable choices available on the lake.

lakelureadventure, Owner at Lake Lure Adventure Company, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2017

First of all, we are very sorry how this turned out. We run a very busy family oriented, rental business on a small dock with anywhere from 5 to 25 rentals per day during the season. We didn't call, frankly because we didn't realize that someone had left it, it looked just like one that we loan out on a daily basis. Yes, there were a series of unfortunately timed calls and some miscommunications, and for that I apologize but I assure you that no one at this dock stole anything or laughed at the result. I, the owner made one last call to try and remedy the situation after a very angry and verbally abusive message and did not receive a call back.

Reviewed September 11, 2016 via mobile

Each year the day we rent a pontoon boat is always the highlight of our Lake Lure vacation. Lake Lure Adventure Co has been the best to work with and offers the best boats for swimming & enjoying the lake. The lake offers some of the best mountain views and is a great way to see the area.

Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

This is simple quaint private business that is very affordable and family friendly. Almost at Sundown one evening the owner did not hesitate to take me and my hubbs on a boat to look for our over adventurous teenager who went exploring Lake Lure in a Kayak. A few days later we as a family rented a pontoon boat for a few hours to explore this beautiful lake. I highly recommend this business to anyone who is renting a property on the lake.
Eddy and Sole Dieguez