All reviews maple ridge golf course mountain loft chimney rock biltmore estate visiting asheville queen bed indoor pool great family vacation get away older units sitting room local attractions an hour's drive sand beach great place to visit apple valley
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

We stayed this past weekend from the 8th until the 10th on a golf trip. This was a very nice and relaxing resort. The staff we encountered was excellent from the pro shop to the nice lady I met during our check inn. Only thing I would advise is to stick up on essentials before heading up the mountains. Cottage was amazing, tucked away inside the tree line with a very nice view.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 10, 2017

My in-laws owned a town-home in the resort. There was so much to do inside the resort, golf, tennis, basketball, put-put golf, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, fishing, boating, just to name a few. There are several restaurants at the resort also. Fun place to visit or stay.

Stayed: October 2016
Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

Second time here. Very nice facility. Comfortable accommodations and lots of recreation available. We really love it. Bring a Coleman portable grill and let all the good times roll. Renting 3 lockout units for extended family and everyone is easily accommodated. Love it or we wouldn't have come back

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Thomas C
Reviewed July 17, 2017

We booked with Wyndham but actually stayed in villas managed by "Vacation Resorts International." I wish I had known that beforehand. We were very disappointed with the cleanliness of the room. The faucet had a ponytail holder around it from previous guests, two kitchen cabinets had crumbs in them, there was some type of toy or something left on the floor, and bottles of water under the couch and under the dresser. I almost tripped on a loose board on the walkway. There is an extra fee if you need additional towels/washcloths. This meant I had to wash them almost everyday! There were five of us so we did not enough for everyone to shower twice before I had to wash again. You have to pay to "rent" pool towels! I guess we are spoiled by past Wyndham experiences. Discovered Legends by the Lake the last night we were there, it was great! Pricey but that is ok considering we didn't have to ride 45 minutes to get it.

Room Tip: Make sure it is Wyndham managed, hopefully they are better managed!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jennife192
Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the Fox Run area inside of the Rumbling Bald resort in room 87 and 28. We had a 2 bedroom deluxe. The rooms were a little outdated but, nice. Both had laundry room, jacuzzi tub, and 2 patios. The master had a huge closet. The master shower was a little small. Loved the area and would definitely go back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family