All reviews gooseberry room great room hot apple cider log cabin style wonderful hosts snacks and soft drinks honeymoon suite get away every morning bath salts wild berry stayed nights hot tub glenda goats deck mountains
Reviewed March 30, 2018

We love B&B's, and my husband found this place and booked it for my birthday weekend adventure to Asheville. The views are stunning, house is immaculate and the hosts are amazing. Breakfast is fresh and delicious. If you are looking for a place to unwind, this is the place. Very serene and quiet, but close to downtown.

Date of stay: March 2018
Innkeeper99, Owner at Wildberry Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2018

Thank you Stacey! WE appreciate your feedback and telling others about your stay. We hope to see you again. Ken and Glenda

Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful time at The Wildberry Lodge. The owners are very inviting and accommodating, they really make you feel at home during your stay. We stayed in the Gooseberry room and the view from the balcony is unlike any other. We enjoyed sitting out on the balcony and watching the cows, goats, and fog move across the mountains. The 3 course breakfast filled us up for the whole day and there was something for all tastes. Our room had a two person bath tub with jets that made for a relaxing time before bed. I would absolutely recommend visiting the lodge if you haven’t before and my boyfriend and I are now planning when to go again.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Innkeeper99, Owner at Wildberry Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2018

Thank you Taylor. We enjoyed the fun breakfast conversation and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights in the honeymoon suite and absolutely loved it. Ken and Glenda were sweet, accommodating and the best hosts! You check in at the main cabin and there is a separate cabin (short walk) that is the honey moon suite.
Our breakfasts and views were our favorite! Glenda made us delicious breakfasts every morning including fritatta, English muffin, pumpkin pecan pancakes, apple/cranberry chutney, wild berry cobbler, and poached pear. Don’t forget there’s happy hour and 24/7 coffee/cider stations! We stayed during our Asheville trip to experience some wilderness while we were there. It’s 20-30 minutes form downtown and not a bad drive. Just a forewarning to drive safely when you are driving back at night!

Overall loved our stay and will recommend this to anyone visiting NC! Thanks Ken and Glenda!!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Innkeeper99, Owner at Wildberry Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2018

Thank you sooo much for taking your time to write a review. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you had a safe trip home.

Reviewed November 1, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our 3 night honeymoon in the gooseberry room at the Inn. We LOVED every minute of our stay and wish we didn't have to leave.

The drive to Asheville is about 30 min through the country but we enjoyed being away from the busy city and driving through the country side. There is little cell service at the Inn but the wifi worked well and honestly we enjoyed being disconnected from reality.

The breakfasts were amazing every day, very filling and full of flavor. We never ate the same thing twice. Bonnie was our cook for all three mornings and appreciated her kindness and warmth she brought. We enjoyed the coffee and hot apple cider. We enjoyed the orange French toast and veggie strata the most.

The Inn is full of every amenity we could have wanted. They had snacks and soft drinks available in the common area upstairs, very close to our room. They have a TV in the common area with a wide variety of VHS to watch (we enjoyed the nostalgia of watching a VHS, lol). They provided hygiene cosmetics and even lip balm in the room which was very handy given the cooler dry weather! We had plenty of blankets. We enjoyed the jetted bath in the gooseberry room. The bed was very comfy and the view was the best at the Inn. It was also very nice to have our bed turned down daily!

We enjoyed hiking on property, the hot tub (one of the best parts), and visiting with the goats.

The hosts Ken, Glenda and Bonnie were all so nice and accommodating. We also loved their three dogs, Cosmo, Jenny and Shredder (even though we couldn't get shredder to warm up to us, lol).

We can't wait to come back! Thanks for making our honeymoon unforgettable!

Date of stay: October 2017
1  Thank Erika T
Innkeeper99, Owner at Wildberry Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2017

Erika, We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for your review. Best wishes coming your way for a blissful marriage. We hope to see you again soon. Glenda, Ken and Bonnie (Cosmo, Ginny and yes even Shredder) :)

Reviewed October 16, 2017

My daughter and I stayed here to be able to visit a friend in Asheville. About a 20-minute drive away, but well worth it if you like beauty, peace, and quiet. I should mention Bonnie's outstanding, awesome, excellent, etc. breakfasts. Oh my! Our innkeepers were sweet and accommodating and the room (Blueberry) was perfect. Hiking trails around, stunning views, and nice deck to sit out on and watch the sun set. We'll be back! (Plan to bring my husband, too!!)

Date of stay: July 2017