See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 23, 2015

My fiancé and I fell in love with All Saint's church in Linville, so we wanted it to be the sight of our ceremony. Further research led to us discovering Eseeola Lodge and its Camp, which fit right in with our rustic vision. We could not have been more happy, it was the start of a very disappointing experience.

We liaised with Barbara, the Food and Beverage Co-orinator, who seemed unreachable. I am not sure if it was because of her bust schedule, but most of my emails and voicemail messages went unreturned. Nonetheless, we made slow progress with me writing an email to confirming dates. This was followed by a site visit only to learn at the end that a member had since requested the same dates and that they have priority.

While I certainly understand the policy, I think this needs to explained in their event information. It also could have been better handled through there communication with me. A lot of time and energy was needlessly wasted.

We were warned that they do not approve of outsiders. Sadly, this has been my experience.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
13  Thank Kate0807
Reviewed September 28, 2015

There are not many of these fine resorts (MAP) left...probably some of the best and consistent food you will ever experience ....great french chef...it maybe on the pricey side for the faint of heart, but you get what you pay for...the golf course is superb...a few minutes from Grandfather Mountain, Blue Ridge Parkway, Blowing Rock and Boone...great for summer and fall....closes at the end of October....due yourself a favor and add it to your bucket list...

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank BeachGolfNC
Reviewed September 16, 2015

This was a beautiful spot -- the grounds were gorgeous! The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. The lodge has a rustic feel -- creaking floors and lots of wood -- but is also very luxurious. There's a reading room full of books, several fireplaces with comfortable seating, and a great restaurant. Would love to return.

Stayed: September 2015
Reviewed September 14, 2015

a very unusual hotel that is totally different from the area that surrounds it - the service is pleasant but can be overwhelming at meal times when staff were often too attentive - the golf was enjoyable but it is a hard course to play for the first time as it has many hidden 'traps' - we found that all local players carried tools to retrieve balls from water!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank at72015
Reviewed June 30, 2015

Wonderful...quiet and peaceful. We stayed at the lodge so we could play at the Linville Golf Course, which was equally outstanding. The food at the Lodge was exceptional and we appreciated the fact that you had to dress appropriately to eat there. So many good places today are lowering their dress standard and just bringing themselves down. Fortunately Eseeola Lodge maintains a very comfortable atmosphere while maintaining a dress code. Good for them!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple