“Wonderful Weekend ... But”

Eseeola Lodge at Linville Golf Club
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Linville
Eseeola Lodge at Linville Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Linville
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

This is the second time my 2 daughters and I have spent a weekend at Esseola. It is a really outstanding resort in every way. The staff is delightful. Our housecleaning lady was so nice and friendly I wanted to take her home. The grounds are gorgeous. There is a spa, pool, tennis, golf ... And it is 15 minutes from national landmark Grandfather Mountain which can easily be an all day adventure. I am giving 4 stars rather than 5 for 2 reasons. First, when I made the reservation for a room for the 3 of us (price $470 plus tax) I was NOT told there was an additional $71 "resort fee." That was very annoying. If the price of the room is not $470 but really $540 then say so. Additional we all agreed that the included breakfast is terrific, but the dinner in the dining room is not so fabulous, particularly for the price. Food was good but not THAT good for well over $80 per person. Bottom line ... We would and probably will come back, but will understand up front the total cost of the room. I don't think we would have dinner in the dining room again. But we loved our weekend and this is a stunningly beautiful spot.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 August 2016

Esceola has 2 seating a for their unlimited seafood buffet, one at 6:30 and one at 8:30pm. You have never experienced fine dining like this unless you have been here before. Piles of crab (out of shells), shrimp, lox, calamari,a butternut squash casserole that is unbelievable. Desserts like peanut butters pie, coconut cream pie and cake, chocolate cake, pecan pie, key lime pie plus plus plus

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

I am a fortunate traveler and have seen much of the world but I have said for many years that the Eseeola Lodge is the number one spot on the planet by my estimation. There is a fameous Tennessee resort within a couple of hours of Linville that offers some of the same flavor and ranks among the worlds best resorts. I have experienced them both and personally rank it 60% of the Eseeola. From the flowers to the attention to detail to the dinning room to the sophisticated taste and decor to the ...I could go on forever. I have said many times I want my ashes thrown from my porch of my north west end room when the time comes. You think I'm impressed by the place.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank DGPJr
Reviewed 4 June 2016

The staff was great. The service was "the best". Beds were turned down for us after dinner . The food was delicious . You get to "dress" for dinner The Thursday night seafood buffet is unbelievable.
I went to the spa for haircut and nails done. The hair stylist was excellent, my husband was very complementary, and the nail tech very professional. Both were kind and it started to rain as I was leaving. The made sure I had an umbrella.
My husband enjoyed playing golf.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Sandra C
Reviewed 30 May 2016

Just a dream come true. Love it when you book a hotel blind and it turns out to be more than you could have hoped for? That's the Eseeola Lodge, dripping with charm and elegance. I enjoyed looking at the amazing furniture and accessories with which every room in the hotel was decorated. But all of that aside the staff was beyond accommodating. They appeared to enjoy fulfilling our requests and they were swift about it, no waiting. The place just wraps you in old world charm and I felt so warm and safe I did not even worry about leaving my tablet and jewels in the room without a safe. The pool is pristine and there is a teen room & dining room out there too.
They do need a jacuzzi though. We were attending a funeral and this hotel made us feel warm and taken care of. I would highly recommend it if you are discerning and enjoy warmth and elegance. The dining room served excellent food. We were once again surprised by the haute cuisine. The filet mignon was spot on sides were a delight. Treat yourself to it....

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2016

Eseeola Lodge is a beautifully preserved lodge and cottages that are lovingly maintained by a dedicated staff of mainly local people. It is a small resort (advance reservations for the limited season are essential!) in a small community with a loyal clientele that thrives on repeat business. The lodge earns that loyalty with the best in Southern hospitality and a dedication to keep their guests happy. There are various activities available ranging from walks around the nice grounds and surrounding neighborhood to fishing, tennis, scenic drives, Grandfather Mountain, and a terrific private golf course where guests have golf privileges. An excellent bar and dining room
are attractive and professional.

Room Tip: Cottages are good choice for family/friends.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank George J
Reviewed 23 October 2015

My fiancé and I fell in love with All Saint's church in Linville, so we wanted it to be the sight of our ceremony. Further research led to us discovering Eseeola Lodge and its Camp, which fit right in with our rustic vision. We could not have been more happy, it was the start of a very disappointing experience.

We liaised with Barbara, the Food and Beverage Co-orinator, who seemed unreachable. I am not sure if it was because of her bust schedule, but most of my emails and voicemail messages went unreturned. Nonetheless, we made slow progress with me writing an email to confirming dates. This was followed by a site visit only to learn at the end that a member had since requested the same dates and that they have priority.

While I certainly understand the policy, I think this needs to explained in their event information. It also could have been better handled through there communication with me. A lot of time and energy was needlessly wasted.

We were warned that they do not approve of outsiders. Sadly, this has been my experience.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
12  Thank Kate0807
Also consider these accommodations in or near Linville
19.4 km away
Courtyard Boone
#5 of 18 in Boone
24.5 km away
LaQuinta Inn & Suites Boone

Been to Eseeola Lodge at Linville Golf Club? Share your experiences!