“A Special Place”

Eseeola Lodge at Linville Golf Club
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Linville
Eseeola Lodge at Linville Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Linville
Reviewed 1 July 2017

The Eseeola Lodge is a historic and wonderful place to stay. The rooms are exceptional and the staff is so nice. The golf course is an original Donald Ross design that is beautiful and competitive. The dining room is very cozy and the food is excellent. The experience is worth the price.

Room Tip: A balcony facing the creek is great
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jerry F

Reviewed 15 December 2016

Beautiful public areas, interesting, old fashioned but charming rooms in the main lodge with balconies overlooking woods and a stream. Good staff.
Very nice outdoor swimming pool and independent spa on the premises a short walk away.
Drawbacks:
Stiff, formal dining room with a hushed, quiet atmosphere and a dress code. The food the first night was decent but appallingly bad the second. Breakfast was pretty good. The golf club restaurant for lunch was also mediocre.

This place has a very Old South vibe but not in a good way, like the Greenbrier of old. Guests seemed uptight however, the staff was welcoming, appropriately relaxed and nice.
The friends we traveled with loved it but I don't think I'd go back unless the dining experience improves.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Service was outstanding, food was delicious. All personnel were extremely nice and helpful, at the Lodge, the restaurant and in the pro shop. Have stayed there a few years ago and love this place, from the rustic architecture of the Lodge, the friendly service and the beauty of the golf course.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

This is the second time my 2 daughters and I have spent a weekend at Esseola. It is a really outstanding resort in every way. The staff is delightful. Our housecleaning lady was so nice and friendly I wanted to take her home. The grounds are gorgeous. There is a spa, pool, tennis, golf ... And it is 15 minutes from national landmark Grandfather Mountain which can easily be an all day adventure. I am giving 4 stars rather than 5 for 2 reasons. First, when I made the reservation for a room for the 3 of us (price $470 plus tax) I was NOT told there was an additional $71 "resort fee." That was very annoying. If the price of the room is not $470 but really $540 then say so. Additional we all agreed that the included breakfast is terrific, but the dinner in the dining room is not so fabulous, particularly for the price. Food was good but not THAT good for well over $80 per person. Bottom line ... We would and probably will come back, but will understand up front the total cost of the room. I don't think we would have dinner in the dining room again. But we loved our weekend and this is a stunningly beautiful spot.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2016

Esceola has 2 seating a for their unlimited seafood buffet, one at 6:30 and one at 8:30pm. You have never experienced fine dining like this unless you have been here before. Piles of crab (out of shells), shrimp, lox, calamari,a butternut squash casserole that is unbelievable. Desserts like peanut butters pie, coconut cream pie and cake, chocolate cake, pecan pie, key lime pie plus plus plus

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

I am a fortunate traveler and have seen much of the world but I have said for many years that the Eseeola Lodge is the number one spot on the planet by my estimation. There is a fameous Tennessee resort within a couple of hours of Linville that offers some of the same flavor and ranks among the worlds best resorts. I have experienced them both and personally rank it 60% of the Eseeola. From the flowers to the attention to detail to the dinning room to the sophisticated taste and decor to the ...I could go on forever. I have said many times I want my ashes thrown from my porch of my north west end room when the time comes. You think I'm impressed by the place.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank DGPJr
Reviewed 4 June 2016

The staff was great. The service was "the best". Beds were turned down for us after dinner . The food was delicious . You get to "dress" for dinner The Thursday night seafood buffet is unbelievable.
I went to the spa for haircut and nails done. The hair stylist was excellent, my husband was very complementary, and the nail tech very professional. Both were kind and it started to rain as I was leaving. The made sure I had an umbrella.
My husband enjoyed playing golf.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Sandra C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Linville
19.4 km away
23.4 km away
Courtyard Boone
Courtyard Boone
#5 of 18 in Boone

Been to Eseeola Lodge at Linville Golf Club? Share your experiences!