“Great Day Trip”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Ranked #14 of 18 things to do in Linville
More attraction details
Owner description: Recommended Table Rock one-mile hiking trail that is of moderate difficulty.
Reviewed December 29, 2011

The hike is mildly strenuous, but well worth the effort. A must when the blueberries are ripe!

Reviewed July 3, 2009

We went to Table Rock some years ago with our two sons, ages 7 and 8. One ran ahead on one of the trails and it ended at a cliff. Fortunately, I caught up with him before he fell off! It is beautiful but not a place for childen unless they are well supervised. Use caution.

4  Thank DWMott
Reviewed December 13, 2006

I went on a day that I had a very bad stomach virus, and made the climb. It is a tight trail in places but the views are very beautiful. I try to go here whenever I go to visit my friends in Morgantan. The road I take is the long way up but it also is well worth the trip. On the way up you see the most pristien forest you will ever see. I love this place. While up there don't forget to go see the Wilson Gorge Wilderness area. There are many waterfalls in this area, and the gorge is beautiful also. You may even see a few people comming down the creek in Kayaks, I saw sixteen the last time I went there. Good luck and be carefull to stay on the correct trail, this wilderness area is very vast and can be very tricky at times, so once again stay on the correct trail.

3  Thank Nighthiker