Skyline Village Inn
Alpine Inn(Little Switzerland)(Great Value!)
US$77
Comfort Inn(Marion)
US$146
ComfortInn
  • Breakfast included
Carolina Country Inn(Burnsville)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$124
Hampton.com
US$83
US$100
Switzerland Inn(Little Switzerland)
Big Lynn Lodge(Little Switzerland)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscrab cakesthe blue ridge parkwaypecan piethird floorspruce pineview from the balconybend over backwardsmotorcycle ridinglinville cavernsrooms are cleangreat mountaincovered motorcycle parkingsmall fridgegrandfather mountainbed was comfortablevery nice staythe dragon
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We stayed six nights and loved it. The view was beautiful and anytime I had a question they knew who I was. The sevice was very good. I loved the hardwood floors and the balcony. It was so nice to sit there and enjoy the view late in the afternoon. I even loved the dog who helped the guy cleaning the room.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Ann G
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Based on the reviews and photographs of this establishment online, we knew that it would be adequate for a one-night stay following a day of hiking on Grandfather Mountain. We wanted not much more than just a place to enjoy a simple meal and rest our feet and not immediately face a two-and-a-half hour drive back home. What we found instead was an inn of such quality and charm that it will see many return visits from us.

The rooms were unique and comfortable, with a good mix of modern amenities and classic hand-hewn design. What more could one require from a room besides a/c, heat, ceiling fans, cable tv with DVD player, mini fridge, full bathroom, etc.? Not to mention the awe-inspiring views from the balconies.

The food served at the restaurant was yet another astonishing accent to our stay. We've eaten at fine dining establishments all up and down the East Coast and our honeymoon dinner was on a mountain top overlooking downtown Vancouver, BC, Canada. Our meal at Skyline was comparable to some of the best meals we've eaten anywhere. The view from the deck overlooking the Catawba Valley is quite grand as well.

The Cavern Tavern has an incredibly wide selection of beer and wine. Mike helped us to select some that we had never tried ( a double chocolate stout and some Banana Bread Beer ) and even gave us a third frosty mug and recommended that we mix the two to make our own black and tan. Lynn spent some time locating an errant bottle of Jägermeister when she could have just told us that they were out.

Mike and Lynn made us and our dog feel very welcome during the entire duration of our stay. They were quite congenial and never hesitated to stop their busy routines and answer any questions posed by us or anyone. They love what they do and it definitely shows. Most places are just adequate for getting some sleep between Point A and Point B but Skyline Village Inn and Cavern Tavern is something much much more. I am already looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank parris43
Reviewed July 18, 2011

My son and I stayed here on a short Summer trip to his college in a nearby town. I believe strongly in supporting businesses that are family owned and operated. The innkeepers were very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and had been recently remodeled, as was its en-suite bathroom. The beds were comfortable. Cable and free wireless internet were welcome after a day on the road. The Inn is only feet from the Blue Ridge Parkway, a pretty rare thing. The town is easy to reach from other local destinations. The building is built against the mountainside, so travelers with mobility issues will find the third floor rooms are easily accessible from the back parking lot, with no steps to negotiate. The hotel is non-smoking and pet-friendly, and though I have mild pet-dander allergies, I didn't have any trouble there. We didn't go to the restaurant because we had already eaten, and we were in a hurry the next morning and did not go for the breakfast, so I cannot comment there. I never sleep well in any hotel, despite decades of traveling for work. If you are looking for a boring, cookie-cutter hotel experience this is not the place for you, but if you want something instead with charm, something locally-owned and operated, a place with friendly, personal service, a place with an interesting building and the charm of yesterday, then try this place. We will be back for sure.
MDS - Columbia SC

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Michael S
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We took a little overnight trip to Little Switzerland NC.We booked rooms at the Skyline Inn.Mike and the whole crew was excellent hosts.Anything we needed they had.Cooled or fridge in the rooms,Best selection of beer and wine around.But I'll tell you this The Philly cheese steak sandwich was the best I have ever had.All the food was excellent.Mike the owner can fill ya in on some good history of the Inn.Stay out on the balcony and look at the scenery its wonderful.I will say this the breakfast is some danish and cereal but for free you cant complain.if you want a hot breakfast you will have to go elsewhere.overall stay was excellent and you will not find this kind of hospitality at any other hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a balcony room if possible
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Roadsofa
Reviewed June 21, 2011

This was my second visit to Skyline Village Inn. This is one of my favorite places to stay. Mike and the family make you feel like you live there. The rooms are beautiful, the food excellent, and the views are unbeatable. If you are looking for a five star with all the services, this is not you place, but if you are looking for a five star relaxing atmosphere, here it is.

Room Tip: ask for balcony room
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends