All reviews crab cakes the blue ridge parkway pecan pie third floor balcony room spruce pine bend over backwards motorcycle riding linville caverns rooms are clean great mountain covered motorcycle parking crabtree falls small fridge grandfather mountain bed was comfortable very nice stay
Reviewed September 13, 2018

Comfortable bed and although there was no tea in the room (What is it with no tea in the room? There always used to be tea as well as coffee in rooms), the minute my husband asked about it, he was given an electric kettle, two mugs, and tea bags.
Our room this trip was a bit cramped. It would have suited either one person or two with less baggage better. I have no advice on how the room could be configured better. We never watch tv, so if I could have thrown that bit out, there might have been room for our suitcase. We had a balcony room with a lovely view of sunrise, if we'd gotten up early enough.
The WiFi wasn't very reliable. We even went out to the WiFi antenna in the hall where there are two comfortable armchairs, but it still went in and out. This is probably not a problem at the Inn's end, but their provider's. I don't mind sitting outside the room using WiFi (there was only one chair in the room), but I don't want to disturb other guests with my audio.
The Inn has a lot of charm and the owners are lovely people. We always have their breakfast, the bacon/eggs/pancakes or eggs/pancakes/bacon or pancakes/bacon/eggs (your choice) for $7, but not their dinners, mostly out of fear of socializing.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

Staff were friendly caring and pleasant. Meals are very good and delicious. Rooms are clean. I highly recommend the hotel for locals and foreigners. I would probably choose this hotel next time as I have experience warm welcomes of the staff, excellent service and pleasantness of hotel crew.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
MikeThrift, Owner at Skyline Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2018

Thank you Marian. We'll see you next time!

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

The owners are very friendly and love dogs, which I appreciate as we’re traveling with a large one. He doesn’t care about being connected to the outside world but I do. Internet service was awful—frequently no service and unsecured WiFi on top of that, which made matters worse. Also, hardly any electrical outlets in our small room so it was difficult to charge our devices.

We were here on a Tuesday night and found it challenging to find a casual, non-chain restaurant for dinner. Hotel only served breakfast during our stay.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
MikeThrift, Owner at Skyline Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2018

Indeed I'm sure your dog doesn't care about being connected to the outside except maybe to poop. I'm wondering why you even mentioned it.
You say our internet was awful but it was a user problem and you know it. You had settings on your computer to buffer against using the PC on a system that does not use passwords. We don't use passwords because we are behind 2 foot thick stone and steel walls that make the building impenetrable from the outside so only our customers and employees can use it. If you want more security get a secure service through your mobile phone service such as Verizon which furnishes good service in most places. The ATT platform is terrible by comparison and that is what you were using.

You also need to educate yourself regarding recharging devices. We furnish a 4 port USB Port charger in each room. Apparently you did not know what it was. When you checked in we explained to you that we close on Tuesday and Wednesday night So we can work on other things and take a break from the restaurant. We also explained to you that it was one of our slowest nights of the week but also that the Mountain View Restaurant was just across the street and was an excellent place to eat. If you chose to go elsewhere it was again your mistake.

By the way we liked your dog but you should not allow him on the bed. It causes problems. We offer spare blankets for the dogs if you don't have the consideration to bring his bed. It's abuse like this that causes one to rethink pet friendly policy, not so much the dog's fault but inconsiderate owner.

````````````````````````

Reviewed July 25, 2018

We had a group of 20 staying. The rooms are very quant and comfy. The beds were like sleeping at home. I actually checked on the brand of pillows because they were so comfy.We had dinner at the hotel. Home cooked. They made Pecan Bourbon and key Lime pies for us for dinner. I had the home made crab cakes which were great. Would have been nice to have the mustard sauce but very tasty. Fresh green beans and cole slaw were my side choices. The pie was delicious. Home made graham cracker crust.
They serve breakfast which was bacon, eggs and pancakes. All were good.
The views from this hotel are amazing. You are at the top of the mountain and very secluded.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lori D

Thanks Lori. We appreciate the comments. Thanks for mentioning the pillows. We just purchased them this spring and we like them so much are using them ourselves. Come see us again!

Reviewed July 20, 2018

Had a romantic getaway, the owners were very nice and helpful, the view was wonderful. Folk shopping and delicious restaurants right down the road. Bar/restaurant downstairs from our room was convenient...the owners came out and grilled up burgers themselves. Nice little souvenir/gem store in lobby. Dollar General/WalMart 10 minutes away.

Room Tip: end rooms upstairs are best, any room upstairs with balcony is awesome
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mink a

Thanks. See you next time!