“You have to try their pulled pork sandwich with the sweet cole slaw and the wonderful Carolina style BBQ sauce”

Smithfield's Chicken 'N Bar-B-Q
Ranked #3 of 104 Restaurants in Lumberton
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 19, 2014

That is a meal to die for. Their French fries are great too. The tea is the southern style. I either want me tea unsweetened or southern so sweet you can almost stand a spoon up in it. There is no in between. One of the great things is it is so convenient to hwy 95. Easy off and on. I try to plan my trip so I arrive at this stop for lunch on my north south trips. The restaurant is very clean. The help is very friendly and courteous.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

I always eat at a Smithfield's when I have the chance. Never had a bad sandwich at any of them. Their vinegar based Bar-B-Que is awesome.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Delicious and inexpensive. What more can you ask? The chicken was moist and tender and we got a big pile of the best hushpuppies with it. The NC BBQ sandwich was full and delicious. Recommended.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Went into this place expecting a BBQ restaurant such as Sonny’s or Jimbo’s. It’s more like a fast food place.

The BBQ sandwich is served with a sweet slaw on top. It soaked through the bun pretty quickly, so eating it requires plenty of napkins. Do you want BBQ sauce with that? I hope not, I didn’t see any. It’s a sign of pride in your BBQ that you don’t serve sauce. I put a little dab of Texas Pete’s on it and enjoyed it. As pulled pork goes, it’s adequate, but no better than I can do at home in a crock pot.

The fries were basic frozen fries, nothing special. I liked that they served my meal on greaseproof paper - no plate, no utensils. It is the basic, no-frills approach that classic BBQ restaurants employ.

It’s a nice break from fast food franchises, and you can get large quantities to go if you’re having a party. I saw many NC license plates in the parking lot, so locals must eat there. That’s as good a sign as any that they offer good food. As a barbecue lover, though, this place is just okay.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

A favorite stop along I-95. Good food and a clean restaurant with good service. Carolina style pork BBQ is one of my all time favorites and theirs is great. Plus, they will even pack it in bulk with ice to take with you.