“Easy to Find, Great Prices”
Review of Pier 41 Seafood

Pier 41 Seafood
Ranked #1 of 101 Restaurants in Lumberton
Price range: US$6 - US$16
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are a family style Eastern North Carolina Seafood Restaurant featuring the best in Fried, Broiled and Boiled Seafood including Fish (Flounder, Sea Trout, Catfish, Tilapia, etc.) Shrimp, Scallops, Oysters, Clam Strips and Devil Crab. We also offer non-seafood dishes that include Ribs, BBQ, Chicken, Pasta and a line up of Sandwiches and Salads. Come check us out, you will love our food and our great Southern Hospitality.
Reviewed 21 January 2012

We were staying in Lumberton overnight and chose this place from reading the Trip Advisor reviews. It was literally 5 minutes from our motel. The prices on the menu were impressive. This place is really inexpensive. Not being from the south we had to ask what the delicious morsels were in the basket they put on every table. Hushpuppies. Well, I had never thought I liked hushpuppies before. Now I know I do. And when the waitress knew we were from 'up north' (Canada actually) she told us to try them with the honey butter packs which were on the table. Wow. That's even better. If no one tells you these things how can you know? I had a cup of their clam chowder which was very good. The waitress recommended that too, saying it was what she was going to have before she left that night. I had salad, fries and the broiled shrimp. There are a lot of shrimp on that plate but I can't say that I really enjoyed them. There wasn't enough seasoning and the more I think about it, the more I feel that the shrimp were underdone. My husband had coleslaw, fries and the variety plate and he enjoyed the other seafood much better than the shrimp as well so I don't think it was just me. Reviews on Trip Advisor have raved about these shrimp so I think it must have been an off day. Our total bill was under $30 for the two of us with a cold drink.

1  Thank Paddy2216

Reviewed 19 January 2012

In Lumberton, NC? Stop at Pier 41. Quaint and unassuming from the outside and a bit plain on the inside, what this restaurant lacks in decor it makes up with excellent food and service. As soon as you walk in the door you're hit with a delicious aroma of freshly broiled seafood and are greeted by a friendly host/hostess. We were seated immediately and brought a piping hot batch of fingerling hushpuppies and a basket of honey butter. Our waitress was kind and prompt. Fan of New England clam chowder? Get some, hot and creamy this treat is sure to warm you up. We ordered the soup, fried shrimp and the broiled seafood platter. Each item came out quickly and the service was happy and helpful. The fried shrimp were lightly battered and cooked to perfection. The broiled seafood platter was phenomenal. From the food with it's plentiful portions to the help and the prices, everything was outstanding. As we were leaving we got to speak with the owner who was friendly and informative.
Do not skip Pier 41, this restaurant is a real treat!

1  Thank Mozart138
Reviewed 19 January 2012

You must try it! Excellent, freshly prepared foods at very resonable cost.
I travel by car all over the country hoping to find places like this that just "do it right"

Smiling faces and good service too!

Paul, Santa Fe NM

1  Thank Paul R
Reviewed 6 January 2012

my favorite thing here is the broil shrimp...i'm not a big seafood eater but the broil shrimp plate, is so awesome!!!! I will definitely be going back. the owner also goes around to the tables and asks if everything's ok and how are you doing. love this place!!!!!! i could eat their shrimp every day!!!!!

2  Thank tabithatornado
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We stayed over night in Lumberton as we drove to Charleston. By luck we found out about Pier 41. A great local restaurant. Nothing fancy but good food at a very reasonable price. We were surprised at how busy it was. The owner spent a considerable amount of time talking to us. Luckily we were there mid week because they are osed mondays and tuesdays and weekends are very busy.

Much better than eating at a chain restaurant

2  Thank giraffelt

Been to Pier 41 Seafood? Share your experiences!