“Family dining.”

Price range: US$2 - US$15
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Our specialties are generous portions Calabash style Seafood and pit-cooked BBQ, but we also offer a variety of many other foods... like southern fried chicken, juicy hamburger steak, hot dogs and much more. You will love the in-house made slaw and hush puppies! Please view our menu to see all of the delicious food items we offer. Our food servers are not only courteous, but also work quickly to get your food served hot to your table.
Reviewed July 11, 2017

I love their sea food. This is the only place in Lumberton that I will go to eat sea food.Their hush puppies are so delicious. I love eating them with their tarter sauce. The tarter sauce is so good. Their ice tea is delicious too.

Reviewed February 24, 2017

Got BBQ for lunch with a friend.BBQ was too finely chopped, mushy and watery. I knew when waitress stated she didn't eat BBQ, it should have been a red flag at a BBQ restaurant.
BBQ is cooked 12 hrs with electric source of heat then a cpl hours over charcoal (not oak wood).
Charcoal is OK, but not if the BBQ is chopped so fine till its watery and mushy and lacks flavor.
Don't chop the Q so fine and take it out of the mechanized chopper sooner!!!! Real NC BBQ is chopped by hand, anyway. The local "chain" BBQ and chicken restaurant BBQ is better.
I will get the seafood if I decide to return.

Reviewed January 14, 2017

Having been with the Red Cross in October Hurricane Mathew, I was surprised at how slow the recovering is coming along. I've seen this before in other disaster areas. So seeing the Village Inn was a great site and very nostalgic for me. The catfish was awesome as usual . The hush puppies are the best in the south, and they give you a lot. The prices are very reasonable, $7for a catfish lunch, coleslaw, fries, and of course those hush puppies. Very homey place with great family service. Hope the recovery goes well, and don't miss this gem .

Reviewed December 15, 2016 via mobile

5 star restaurant with some of the best food around. Been eating here for years and never had a bad meal.

Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

Our family stopped here on the way to Myrtle Beach for a quick snack, and was I ever impressed not only by the staff, the food, or the cleanliness but by the hospitality. Not only does it have some of the freshest and best seafood on this side of the coast but their hush puppies that come free with almost everything on the menu made the meal just that much more. You can't go wrong in a place that treats people like this. If I could give it a 6 star rating I would.