“A great time in Maggie Valley!”

Ramada Maggie Valley
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
St. Petersburg, Florida
“A great time in Maggie Valley!”
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We recently stayed a week at the Ramada Limited in Maggie Valley, NC and couldn't be happier with our stay. Maggie Valley was the best location for our vacation to the area because we were so close to Asheville, Cherokee, and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. We had the most interaction with the hotel clerk, Bobby, and he was extremely friendly. He made sure we had a creek-side room since we were there for a week (we booked on Expedia). The room was well appointed, if a bit outdated. It's a small hotel (46 rooms) in a small town, so the decor wasn't a big deal to us. The bed was very comfy and we loved having a mini-fridge and a microwave to help save us money on eating out.

The option to make waffles for breakfast was fun and a nice addition to the continental breakfast. Within a short walk is Joey's Pancake house if folks want more. We didn't use the pool or hot tub, they are small, but reasonable given the size of the hotel. We didn't notice any odd smells at all.

Overall, we had a very comfortable stay and wouldn't hesitate to book at the Ramada in the future. Our only complaint, which is out of the hands of the hotel staff, is that sometimes families with children would make a lot of noise like slamming doors, screaming, and running up and down the halls. Otherwise, we had a nice time and the hotel was the perfect price for those on a budget.

Room Tip: Call ahead to get a creek-side room during peak season.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brandie365
Twinkle P, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Maggie Valley, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thanks for writing a review and we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to serving you in the near future!

Twinkle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Conley, Georgia
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Went to Maggie Valley for a 4th of July getaway and stayed here for 4 nights. Front desk staff very nice...especially Kathy. I can't comment on the breakfast as I did not eat there but the bathroom amenities smelled great and shower was great as well. Creekside room was good as well however the furniture could use some upgrading and beds were comfortable but high off the floor. Maid service was very good and we did use very small hot tub and pool. Hot tub could only hold like 4 people max and pool was 5 foot deep which was great for the small kids. Overall it was a nice stay.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and get creekside room
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Knights3254
Rockingham, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 May 2011

friendly caring employees, good enviroment, felt safe, clean rooms,second time here and i will be back

Room Tip: ask for a room on the creek
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank edisong
Athens, Ga
Reviewed 16 February 2011

Our family of 4 spent two nights at the Ramada Limited in Maggie Valley as our base for skiing at Cataloochee. After reading the other reviews on tripadvisor I nearly canceled but went ahead after discovering we were within the cancellation period. Our experience was better than most, the beds are relatively comfortable and the hotel relatively clean. The water pressure in the shower was excellent. The breakfast was OK and provided some fresh fruit to take to the ski slopes. There are waffles available for those who want something hot. Coffee and juices were adequate. Our Sunday night stay even qualified for a free lift ticket for my daughter. It is not a great place but for approximately $60 per night I did not expect Ritzy accommodations. I have not found any Ritzy accommodations in Maggie Valley. The front desk experience was the one disappointment; I paid in cash after reading the reviews and the hotel posted a pending charge to my credit card anyway. I discussed with the front desk clerk and she tried to be polite but was obviously not well trained. The clerk we spoke with at check-out was much less personable than Cathy who greeted us at check-in. Even at a Ramada Limited I do not want to see an employee's tramp stamp! Other than the one employee the stay was fine, not likely she we still be around if we return next year. Odds of staying again are 50/50 as there are no nice places to stay in Maggie Valley and the #1 property across from the Ramada looks a lot worse than the Ramada. I have stayed at 4 properties in Maggie with the Jonathan Creek Inn probably the best. Wish someone would build a new hotel but that is not likely as the tourism is not year-round.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank AthensGator
Tennessee
Reviewed 3 January 2011

My family decided to go skiing at Cataloochie Ski after Christmas. Picked the Ramada because it was close and had interior corridors. Had room with 2 queens and a sofa sleeper and micro/firdge. Room was nice size and the place was clean. Basic continental breakfast with waffles. I always bring micro bacon and that always helps. Hotel has two floors but no elevator. Normally this would not be a problem but with ski equipment and luggage, it was annoying. Staff was very friendly. Checked out early due to poor quality sleep. Pillows so overstuffed that neck hurt. Sofa sleeper was broken and mattress would fold like a taco. Reported this and received a roll away that basically did the same thing. Very noisy at 2am with small kids screaming and running in hall and doors slamming. We wanted to be close but if we return again I think I'll pick a hotel a little further out for comfort sake.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelNurse1
Merritt Island, Florida
Reviewed 2 January 2011

I bid on Priceline.com and received the reservation for 12/26 -12/28/2010 at Ramada Limited. I paid $177 for the reservation. Before I go to Maggie Valley, I called the hotel to ask for a room with double bed, since we have four people (2 adults and 2 teenagers). They stated that we have to pay $10 extra for each person, each day ($60 extra) That came up to $237 plus tax, which is more expensive than if I booked directly on Ramada's web site. I tried to negotiate with hotel staff, but failed. I then called Priceline to request change my reservation, they refused, citing their rule is for 2 adults, non refundable--ect. They did however, sent a fax on my behalf to request no extra charge with double occupancy. Ramada limited refused . We ended up paying $48 extra for the three days stay, after I argued with the manager over the phone when we arrived at Ramada, The hotel room is OK, nothing special, clean enough, to be honest. The continental breakfast was terrible: not enough food, very limited selection, not enough chairs and tables. It's the first time I had to pay extra money for extra people in United State's hotel. My previous experience with Priceline was quiet positive, until this time. Basically, you are trapped if you bid on your hotel room on Priceline. I'll have to think twice to use Priceline again. Ramada Limited hotel , in my opinion is a money sucker.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank sunnyside1905
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 30 November 2010

I get a discount through saverclub.com so I called this place to book 3 creekside rooms which was 44.00 per room with my discount, 1 for my husband, 5 and 10 yr old and I, and a room for each of my sisters and her family. When we arrived they were going to charge us 62.99 per room with no discount. I went to the lobby computer and showed the clerk at the front desk the 44.00 on the website. He saw it and changed the price to 44.00 and said he would get the manager to take care of it and it wouldn't be a problem. Well it turned out to be a big problem. The general manager, Mike Patel, was rude and not helpful at all. He refused to honor the rate that was originally quoted. He said that it needed to be booked online. If that was the case then they should have told me when I arrived. They did some sneaky things by cancelling my original reservation for the 3 rooms and then rebooked them. I called corp. and they were not much help either. I filed a dispute with my credit card because they charge the full price. I just got a response in the mail about the dispute with a signed copy of me approving the 62.99. The only thing that I signed was a 44.00 charge. They must have altered the original ticket. So I guess my next step will be the better business bureau.
The rooms were smelly with dirty carpet, broken locks on doors and uncomfortable beds. We didn't feel very safe there. The pool was small and the hot tub could fit 2 adults if your lucky.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family