“Always enjoy our stay here”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Maggie Valley
Alamo Motel & Cottages
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Reviewed 7 May 2017

Another good stay at this friendly and clean location. There are new owners and they have really spruced up the place! Very convenient to all of the area and you feel right at home here. Will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Very nice and roomy cottages
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 January 2017

About the rating. I would give it a 5 for my past stays as I've only great experiences. However, going forward, this place just won't do.

Why? Two reasons...number one - Dawn & Mike are no longer there. Two, this place isn't going to be open during ski season any longer.

I, and my two large dogs, have stayed at The Alamo once a month for the past two years while I've patrolled at Cataloochee. The biggest treat about staying here was Dawn & Mike. It was always like coming to visit family with these two. They always greeted us with smiles & hugs (and home made dog treats.) Most importantly, they took care of my fur babies while I was at work. It was such a peace of mind to me knowing that they were being looked after by people who love dogs as much as I do.

I'm not sure what happened or why things happened so suddenly (they were there during my stay in December) but when I called to make my reservation for this month I ended up talking to the "person who owns the note", he wasn't anywhere near friendly. Kind of rude, actually. Who wants to do business with someone like that? Not me.

To me, it wouldn't matter if they were going to continue to be open during the winter - without Dawn & Mike there to make us all feel so welcome or to provide loving attention to my dogs, I wouldn't stay there anyway. Without them, this is just another motel among the many others that are in the Valley.

I'm really disappointed that we have lost our home away from home.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
4  Thank Sandra S
Reviewed 2 January 2017

Staying at Dawn & Mike's pet-friendly motel is like coming home to newly-found relatives - not just for us, but our large dog as well. Dawn offers a free pet-sitting service so while you're snowboarding at Cataloochee (10 mins away) or gambling at Harrah's Cherokee (30 min), rest assured Dawn will walk and feed your "doggy baby" 2-3 times a day. She also provides dog sheets (if the dog wants to get up on the bed) and a dog towel. Communal grills & a fire pit add to the homeliness and warmth of their property.

We had a large motel room with a King & Queen bed. It's got the basics and is good value for money. The mattresses are a little soft, so for those who prefer something firmer, please note.

There are some lovely walks to take with your doggy baby, including the one around Lake Junaluska. We also had some memorable meals in nearby Waynesville, particularly at Bogart's Tavern (the Prime Rib) and the Waffle House (the only place open on Christmas Day)!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2016

Love this place! We stayed at the motel part and it's like going to an old friends house. Dawn had our room ready and warm just waiting for our arrival. We have two small dogs that are also a very special part of our family. Dawn offers a wonderful service while we were at the ski resort where she comes in and walks the dogs while we were gone. What a relief for us to not have to worry about our pets. Room has refrigerator and microwave and is so clean and quaint. Beds are comfortable and cozy just like home. Wifi was excellent. We will be back. Thank you for the wonderful hospitality.

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong with any room or cottage here.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Pet friendly and just a charming place to stay in Maggie Valley. Could not ask for a more friendly welcome! We stayed in a room that had everything you could possibly need. We hope to go back for a stay in a cottage.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank madaramapquest
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Dawn and Mike were Very Friendly and Helpful. Very Cozy and Pet Friendly. Dawn even Volunteered to walk our babies while we were out sight seeing. We also got brochures and info from Dawn at Check In on things to do and local restaurants. We would Highly recommend You giving them a chance you Will Not be Disappointed.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank lisa s
Reviewed 5 September 2016

We rented the three Bedroom Trailer on the creek and it was GREAT. Dawn and Mike run a great hotel. Very clean and comfy Good location peaceful and secure. Grills available fire pit. A large movie selection.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family