All reviewsthree bedroomfeel right at homeenjoyed our staymikedawnspydersheetsrallymotorcycle
Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

We arrived back to our cottage after going out to dinner. Someone had parked in the parking spot at our cabin. The lady who checked us in (I assume the owner/ manager)was behind our cabin with a group of other people. She was so drunk she could barely stand; kept telling us that we were at the wrong place, and that we could go elsewhere to park. After showing her that we did in fact have the key to this cabin and that if she would give us a refund we would gladly go elsewhere to stay, she refused the refund and staggered away. Another lady came over and knocked on the door of the cabin next door and had the gentleman move his vehicle to his alloted spot. He apologized saying that the drunk lady had told him to park there. It's our understanding that tomorrow night they have planned a kareoke party at the firepit directly behind our cabin. Wishing we could stop payment on the credit card we used to pay for this crappy place. Best advice I can give anyone thinking of staying here is.....DON'T!!!!!! We can't even get a shower tonight because there is nothing but a sheer curtain on the bathroom window that overlooks the firepit party area.The whole experience has been horrible.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lesa H
Reviewed June 27, 2017

We enjoyed our stay for the night here with no prior experience with other owners. The new ones will learn as they go. If we come back the area we'll stay here since it's far enough away from SMNP to avoid all the chaos.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2017

I had been staying here for years when Dawn & Mike ran the place. They had to give it up due to health problems. I had made reservations in January for the end of May.
When I arrived to check in, the new owner said she would be charging $20 extra a night because there was a motorcycle event in Maggie Valley. I wasn't even attending that event. That blew my budget for some nice meals.

The refrigerator froze my food as it wasn't working properly and the wifi was on the fritz.

It looks like The Alamo Motel will not be what is use to be. I'm not planning to stay there in the future.

Room Tip: Up charges for local events!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
11  Thank John L
Reviewed May 28, 2017

For the past 5 years we have stayed at the Alamo every Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend. When we called to confirm our reservations , we were told that Dawn and Mike were no longer there . According to the new owners we did not have reservations , had no rooms available. They would not honor our reservations or the other 2 couples that would go. Could not make out the writing , they said.. We will not stay or honor this place again. I agree with Sandra S., "What made this place so special is no longer there."

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
10  Thank jccherokee1957
Reviewed May 7, 2017

Another good stay at this friendly and clean location. There are new owners and they have really spruced up the place! Very convenient to all of the area and you feel right at home here. Will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Very nice and roomy cottages
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple