See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 25, 2017

While I understand that showing up to a hotel without a reservation means I won't get the best rate, it's unreasonable to pay $150 for a room with no functioning tv and broken glass on the floor. I watched the staff treat other guests rudely when they tried to check in for their non-smoking reservation, only to be told that the hotel had given away all the non-smoking rooms for the night. I stepped on a glass shard in the bathroom which inhibited my ability to hike comfortably for the rest of my trip. The hotel was fine as the emergency shelter that I needed, but I would never recommend that anyone stay here if they have any other option.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

Where to begin... We went there for a trip to Asheville, but since all 3 and 4 star hotels were taken for the weekend in Asheville, the closer hotel we found was this Super 8 in Marion.
They first put us in a room where the base molding was falling from the wall. I did look for bed bugs in there, just in case, and didn't see any (Lol). Well, we were starting to get comfortable when we noticed the tv wasn't working. So they moved us to the next door room. We got comfortable and went to put our drinks in the mini fridge, and boom. It's not working. So since we still had the other room's key, my boyfriend and I switched mini fridges with the other room.
Later on, when we put our bare feet on the ground we noticed that close to the bathroom the whole floor close to the bathroom was soaking wet.
Also, don't even bother buying drinks because the only ice machine in there is broken.
And finally... having breakfast at this hotel is like shopping at the dollar store on black Friday. 5 people in the breakfast area makes the room full. Now imagine about 20. That's where the nightmare begins. (Lol)
On a positive note though, the servers and all workers of the hotel are really nice and have a great attitude about everything. That's not going to make us go back though.
Nothing Super at all.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2017

Fun place that is close to the highway and places to eat. The owners are really nice, work hard to make a nice, relaxing, friendly environment. Would go back there anytime

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2017

Good place to stay if you need a starting point for traveling along Blue Rigde Parkway or Linville Gorge

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed August 24, 2017

Way too expensive for what you get. Room was not ready till 6pm, it was supposed to be ready at 2pm. We ask for towels twice but never got any so we dried off with wash cloths.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family