“Good Food”

Judge's Riverside Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 115 Restaurants in Morganton
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Beyond great food, Judge's Riverside has a great atmosphere. From the wood and stone materials inside to the decks and serene river view outside, you'll enjoy more than just the taste. Click the images below to learn more...
Reviewed January 5, 2018

Judge's is on the Catawba River and has a great view. The food is delicious and is a place you should go when in the Morganton, NC area.

Reviewed December 18, 2017

I've raved about this place in the past, but recent visits forced me to amend my recommendations. On two recent visits, the ribs were tough as leather and chewy (in the past, they've been fall-off-the-bone tender). Last night, the smoked chicken had a funky smell and taste to it (I sent it back, but the waitress insisted that it was "just the bbq smell", as if I didn't know what smoked chicken tastes and smells like. The manager apparently got mad because I had sent it back, which isn't a good sign for customer service). If this were my very first visit, I'd never go back. Maybe just a few off nights, but I cannot recommend this place anymore, as the variability in food quality is too great.

Reviewed December 10, 2017 via mobile

We decided to stop and eat in Morganton on the way back from Asheville. Judges has a great variety on their the menu from steak to seafood. My kids enjoyed the chicken tenders, my wife and I enjoyed the the brisket and smoked chicken.

Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

This place is great. We had a super waitress who sat down and gave us the history of the Restaraunt and many wonderful suggestions. This is a laid back place with some very good smoked food and home cooked vegatables. Must do when in the area.

Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

My husband and myself had dined and Judges Riverside more than once and the service is usually pretty good but lately we have noticed a decline in service and the food has been less then desirable. We ordered the chicken tenders plate my tenders were undercooked and bake potato was over cooked. Needless to say we want be dining here again.