“This hotel is a keeper” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“This hotel is a keeper”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

I just returned from a wonder trip to Morrisville,NC. While there I had the pleasure of staying at the Hilton Garden Inn.
The facility is outstanding. It is located in a very quiet wooded area which is relaxing by itself. The hotel looks newly renovated. It very clean and well organized. I love it when the staff speaks to the quests. When I first arrived the hotel looked full with a lot of very young people and I was concerned of the noise level during the night. However, it was very quiet all night.
My room had a refrigerator, microwave and a desk to work on.
I had a special deal being a AA member which included reduced rate plus free breakfast every morning. The breakfast was buffet style and was good.
My wife liked the hoted due to she is a smoker and they provide a "smoking Oasis" a special area just for smokers. She felt special due to smoker's are generally pushed off campus.
Ok, now for the downside. The breakfast staff appeared to overwhelmed by number of people eating and had a difficult time keeping up with the demand for omelets. They did their best.
Otherwise that is it. Great place

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LtColonel
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear LtColonel,
Thank you so much for the kind review! It makes all of our day to know that you were so pleased with your visit. I'm also happy to hear that your wife felt welcome as well due to our "Smoker's Oasis." We pride ourselves in our attempts to accomadate the needs of all of our guests, as we know every person is different! It is nice to hear that our breakfast was so popular on the morning of your stay! We love the fact that we are able to offer a hot buffet, as well as cooked to order items to our guests. The issue you mentioned about our chefs has been addressed, and any future staffing issues are resolved. Thank you for letting us know where we could improve, and thank you again for all of the nice accolades you had to say about our hotel! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

I stay at Hilton hotels across the country for business on a regular basis. This is one of my favorites. The property is newer and the rooms are very nice. I like that the beds can be adjusted for firmness and always get a great night of sleep. The bathrooms and other furnishings are also pretty nice for this price point. Breakfast is decent and shuttle is good, though I usually have to ask the staff repeatedly as they tend to work the front desk while not driving it. Overall a nice hotel that I will return to.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Dear netgrl22,

I'm ecstatic to hear that we are one of your favorite Hilton hotels! Traveling around the country can be difficult, so its wonderful to hear that you've found a place where you can feel comfortable and "at home." I am though, sorry to hear that you've had to wait longer than expected on our shuttle. I've discussed this issue with our Front Office Supervisor, and any staffing issues will be resolved. We look forward to your stay with us next time! Have safe travels!
Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

I've been at this hotel multiple times and have experienced the before- and after- renovation stays. The renovation has made it more modern and makes it stand out from other hotels of this level. The lobby has a cozy feel with the fireplace and it's chair clusters and nooks. The restaurant has an interesting menu but I have to admit I didn't eat on-site because their shuttle will bring you to nearby shopping centers for free where you have a choice of many different restaurants and retail stores. But if I were forced to stay indoors, I believe I would have had a lot of choices. Pre-renovation they had a breakfast buffet that had an impressive array of hot dish options (not just mini-muffins and cold bagels) but after the renovation breakfast is no longer buffet-type. The shuttle not only brought us from and to the airport but also to nearby shopping centers where we dined on local and national-chain restaurants during our stay. If I remember correctly, the shuttle is free anywhere within a certain-mile radius. The front desk staff is also quick to offer to call the cab company for you. Clean rooms and they hype up their bed as something "adjustable". I've tried to adjust it but couldn't really tell the difference. Front desk and shuttle driver were great!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Dear wat3v3r,

Thank you for the amazing comments about our hotel! We're happy to hear that you enjoy the convienience of our complimentary shuttle and the coziness of our lobby! I hope that next time you are here, you do try our restaurant. We do offer a hot breakfast buffet with cooked to order items every morning. Our Food and Beverage Director creates the lunch and dinner menu, as well as all of the recipes from scratch. He also incorporates local flavors and cuisine for our guests from other areas of the country to try!

Thank you again for your wonderful comments. We hope you stay with us again soon!

Warmest Regars,
Robin Warzywak
Director of Sales
Miami
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

Overall Nice hotel with clean rooms and a recent refresh. Only negative is that they are adopting the nickel and dime customer service mentality. There are no complimentary items like toothpaste for example. When I asked if they have a toothpaste, the answer was "no freebies".

It's not a cheap hotel and I am a gold Hilton member, so I would expect better.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

I travel 202 days a year and this is one of the best HGI's out there. It's Very quiet and the staff is very helpful. The hotel has a very modern flair to it. The hotel restaurant has a little different menu then usual, but you can still get the great Mobley burger here! Just a great place!

Ft. Lauderdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

As an airline employee, feeling comfortable and at home is very important. This property goes above and beyond in making me feel just that. Kelly and Dave(front desk) couldn't be more personable. Kelly makes sure there is coffee for us at an extremely early hour(4:30 am). The renovation is remarkable. The staff is a great asset to the company and should be commended.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

We were flying from Mexico to Nova Scotia when we had to make an emergency landing in North Carolina. As frustrated as we were with our airline and the delay, we were very happy with the welcome and care we received at the Garden Inn. The staff handled the sudden onslaught of tired, grumpy travelers like superstars! We were checked in very quickly by friendly front desk staff. They were great at recommending local restaurants and getting us set up with a wifi password.

The rooms were very clean and modern and we slept very well in the adjustable bed. The hotel decor in general was very nice, and it looked like the hotel had been completely updated recently. We're pretty fussy about having a nice bathroom, and we were perfectly happy with cleanliness an the water pressure.

Our wake up call came on time. When we got to the lobby to meet up with our fellow stranded travelers (60+ rooms worth of us!) staff worked very hard to keep the fresh coffee coming! When our airline failed to send busses to transport us back to the airport, the hotel staff jumped into action, loading us up in their personal vans to take us there.

We have to make a special mention of David, who drove us to the airport and put up with our constant questions about the area. If management reads these reviews, we would like you to know that he is a wonderful ambassador for your hotel.

We were so pleased with the treatment that we received at the Garden Inn. If their lovely staff are representative of the people of North Carolina, we would be so pleased to visit again under more pleasant circumstances!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple