“Pretty Authentic”

India Palace
Ranked #83 of 156 Restaurants in Morrisville
Cuisines: Indian, Thai
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Having been to India, I went here for lunch in search of authentic, spicy flavors. I was pleasantly surprised with the lunch buffet offering several dishes to which I found quite good. The service wasn't great, but it's definitely authentic. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone who hasn't eaten much Indian food before, but for others, it's a decent place to eat. The only other negative aspect was how pricey it was. For three people to have the lunch buffet (drinks not included) was over $40!!! Way overpriced, in my opinion.

There are newer reviews for India Palace

Reviewed 23 May 2013

This is a very fine restaurant with classic Indian food in wide variety. Excellent eating, fine service. Reasonably priced.

1  Thank samuel j
Reviewed 6 December 2012

A friend of mine suggested we meet here for lunch. I'm no expert on India cuisine, but I found all of the food very tasty. The buffet items were hot and fresh and the restaurant was clean and nicely decorated without being overdone. (The Tandori chicken was a little dry but other dishes such as the curry and the butter chicken were great.) Service was good as our drinks and bread basket were kept filled and our dishes were promptly cleared. Noise level was low and it was very easy to carry on a conversation. A hidden gem that I look forward to visiting again.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

I was staying at the Holiday Inn Express and asked about nearby restaurants. The otherwise very helpful lady at the desk listed a bunch of typical corporate franchises, including "Hooters". With little hope I went hiking down Airport Blvd and discovered back in a little strip mall the Haveli India Palace. Service was prompt and efficient. The "Flying Horse" beer was cold and the menu varied.
India has many regional cuisines and this appears to be Punjabi. I had the lamb and was pleased with a tender flavorful dish. I ate there twice and was well fed and cared for both times. Watching the Bollywood Indian dance competition on TV was a real plus.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Traveling on business and I was staying near the airport. The restaurant was close. As we entered there was no one in the restaurant and the staff was in the back. We waited a few minutes and I finally knocked on the kitchen door. Someone finally came out. After that service was good. The atmosphere is basic but very clean. The food that we ordered was very good and I eat Indian food quite a bit. I would return.