“Dining on point!”
Review of Bistro 29

Bistro 29
Ranked #3 of 65 Restaurants in Murphy
Price range: US$9 - US$34
Description: Bistro 29 is a unique dining experience in Historic Downtown Murphy NC. Our commitment to excellence shows in our ever-evolving menu, our atmosphere, and our dedicated staff. From the moment you step through the beautiful red doors, you know this is not your typical restaurant.
Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

Had dinner on Feb 24 and the entire dining experience was on point! The house Chardonnay and mixed drink of the day, the appetizer-Chicken Wontons, the salad-Cobb Salad, the special - Filet Oscar and dessert-gelato was all deliciously done to perfection. Our waitress was on point and the timing of each course was perfect. The dining experience was fun and not pretentious. Last night Bistro was the Shangri-La of restaurants!

1  Thank mjorg2015
YAUHEN A, Manager at Bistro 29, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2018

Reviewed February 23, 2018

Had an absolutely wonderful dinner on Wednesday, February 21st, 2018 - great service too. Was so good that went back on Thursday, February 22nd, 2018, for lunch. Again the meal was fantastic - the service was not as outstanding as the previous evening but satisfactory.

YAUHEN A, Owner at Bistro 29, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2018

Reviewed February 22, 2018 via mobile

I was happily surprised to find that this establishment serves sushi. My wife is out of town and I searched the internet to try some new places. I usually do this alone so in case it's a bust. It was not. I only ordered the sushi, this time, but I plan on being back to sample their other delicous sounding fare. The sushi was in-cred-i-ble. They had the standard rolls but their original rolls like the Bistro 29 were out of this world delish. If you like sushi I heartily recommend Bistro 29!

YAUHEN A, Manager at Bistro 29, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2018

Reviewed February 20, 2018

Excellent restaurant! We had the pancetta chicken and sushi - Japanese Volcano. Both were delicious!! The sushi is outstanding! Thank you for your service!

Reviewed February 19, 2018

My wife and I live in Murphy and dine out often. When Bistro 29 opened we had high hopes that Murphy finally had an upscale restaurant. We have been there 7 or 8 times and each time we visit it gets a little worse. Our last visit on Valentine's Day was a disaster. The specialty was steak and lobster tail served with asparagus. After we ordered the waitress came back and told us they had run out of the steak that came with the special but we could get a different steak for a $3 up charge. That didn't seem like a good management decision to me but we said OK. When the meal was served we had carrots instead of asparagus. No one mentioned that there would be a substitute. I guess they were afraid I'd ask for a discount if I knew about the substitution. Our friends, who were dining with us, asked what the lobster was when they saw it. It was kind of a gray color and unrecognizable. My appetizer was cold, dry and seemed to have been sitting around for some time before coming to our table.It was left uneaten. I told the waitress it was awful but I was not asked if they could take it off the bill. Worst of all, the owners don't seem to care. Even though we are locals and have dined there often, they have never introduced themselves or stopped by our table to ask if everything was OK. The one plus is that they do have some good waitstaff. Oh! and the bar is not much better, They have a female bartender who doesn't have a clue and will even argue with customers. We stopped having a drink or dining at the bar months ago. I guess we are finally through with this place.

1  Thank soonergeorge1
YAUHEN A, Owner at Bistro 29, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2018

I sincerely apologize that the level of service did not meet your expectations. This will be addressed with our team to ensure this does not happen again. I also apologize that you haven't met one of us yet. As an owner I strive to speak to every guest at least once although during busy times I occasionally miss tables. The next time you visit if you have any issues please bring it to our attention and if you don't get a response from your server please ask to see one of the owners. We are onsite during most of our opening hours. We are very passionate about the customer experience and appreciate you bringing this to our attention.