“Been many times, and will be back”
Review of Murphy's Chophouse

Murphy's Chophouse
Ranked #9 of 67 Restaurants in Murphy
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 13, 2018

The Murphy Chophouse is owned by Chef James Reaux who has cooked for Presidents and Royalty at the White House. The restaurant has had complimentary reviews by several food critics and provides excellant service and consistently good fare.

James R, Owner at Murphy's Chophouse, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Dear chasbhol,
Thank you for taking the time to post a Trip Advisor review for my restaurant. I appreciate your kind words and will pass them to the crew. We work hard on our food and service at the restaurant and it's good to hear when a customer recognizes our efforts.

Reviewed January 12, 2018

Celebrated our 53rd wedding anniversary here with family. Food and service were excellent. Mark Counts is an awesome chef! We shall return!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
James R, Owner at Murphy's Chophouse, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2018

Dear tssatterfield,
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor post for Murphy's Chophouse and rating us "5 STARS!" I'm very glad you enjoyed your anniversary dinner with us. I'll be sure to pass your comments on to Chef Mark. He's a great chef and asset to the restaurant.

Reviewed January 12, 2018

great service; very good food; reasonable prices.

we stayed for a long time and loved the environment.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Dear gingerscorner,
I appreciate you taking the time to post a Trip Advisor review for my restaurant. Thank you for rating us "5 STARS!". We have a wonderful staff that makes the restaurant extra special. I hope you join us again very soon.

Reviewed January 9, 2018

We have been here twice, a year apart. We had the same table and the same waiter!?! The food is good, however a little over priced and too FU FU! I ordered fish one time and ask for tarter sauce, was brought some brown looking sauce (which was spicy and awful) and was told that they did not have regular tarter sauce. Really!!! MIGHT go back again!

James R, Owner at Murphy's Chophouse, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2018

Dear vickih2018,
Thank you for posting a good review for my restaurant, Murphy's Chophouse. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the tartar sauce we serve with our fish. We make all of our sauces here and the tartar sauce is prepared with capers, red onions and a touch of cajun spices. I'll be sure to have some traditional style the next time you come in. I look forward to having you back in very soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

This place was quite lovely. The food was pretty amazing to say the least. Tomato bisque soup was so on par that I really longed for a grilled cheese. Instead we got a chefs surf and turf special. He had the rib eye with lobster tail and I had the filet with shrimp. All cooked to amazing perfection. Even something mundane like a baked potato was amped up to greatness. We loved it and would go back. Due to not having reservations we sat at the bar. The bartender was a seasoned veteran who knows how to deliver outstanding service. We will definitely hit this place up again in the future. <3

Dear Angie112277,
Thank you for posting a Trip Advisor review for Murphy's Chophouse and rating us "5 STARS!". I'm very glad you enjoyed your visit with us and will pass your comments on to the crew. Please come back for another visit in the near future.