“The Place To Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Suites Murphy
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Murphy
Reviewed 16 July 2016

We have stayed several nights while our home was repaired. Perfect place to stay. Staff were superb. Front desk folks and housekeepers were very kind and gracious. Breakfast was terrific. If we ever stay anywhere in our hometown, this is the place. Couldn't give it a higher recommendation. Pool and fitness room were great too!

Room Tip: Beds comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
smcdogfan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Murphy, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2016

Dear Ray N,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you while your house was being repaired. Your kind words are well received and I of course passed them along to the staff.

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

As we were driving through the mountains in Georgia and North Carolina I was checking on the holiday inn in Murphy NC. I needed two rooms for June 25th. Cell Service was on and off and somehow reservations were made for June 24th. We didn't find out until we were charged $172.57 times 2 along with the charge for the 2 rooms when we were there on the 25th. When we notified the hotel we were told that reservations were made and they refused to reemburse us. We will never stay at a holiday inn again!!! I hope they enjoy the extra money they received because it's the last they will ever get from us.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
smcdogfan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Murphy, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

Dear Cheryl0520,

Thank you for your candid feedback. As I tried to explain to your husband before he so rudely insulted me, we are required to hold all guaranteed reservations until 11am the next business day. We had no idea the reservations you made for June 24th were made in error. We were completely full and as stated previously, we had to hold your rooms. Therefore the charges stand. You would also have received a confirmation email for BOTH sets of reservations made though the internet. In the future please be sure to check this when booking rooms at any chain to avoid this problem again.

Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

This is the best IHG property for 100 miles. It's newly renovated and the oversized rooms have large HDTVs with good reception, new linens, and a Keurig coffee maker. They also take good care of IHG Membership Rewards elites. Everything about this hotel feels new.

I moved here from the HIE in Hiawassee and the difference is night and day (the Hiwassee property is dated and filthy). It is worth the drive to Murphy!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 May 2016

We took a few days to explore the mountains, scenic drives and waterfalls. This hotel was conveniently located after a long day winding up and down the byways. GPS found the hotel tucked atop the hill over the main road. Quiet location at end of short access road. Clean, comfortable room. Front desk staff a little untrained and did not acknowledge our Platinum status or log in our Welcome Points (we got them added later). Quiet room and usual quick and easy breakfast before another day on the road.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

Very affordable and very clean. Nice and helpful staff. Would definitely go back and we have already been recommending it to friends. Odd location, but once you find it, it's very quiet and secluded.

Wonderful breakfast and fresh hot coffee available at all times. The room was very clean, big, and very up to date looking. We very much enjoyed our stay

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2016

I know kinda weird title but I want people to know do not depend on any towels being in the swimming area or anybody to bring to you! We stayed here and was very impressed with the hotel. It is clean and a nice stay. I recommend staying here. My two sons love to swim and since it was still cool outside I looked for a hotel that had an indoor swimming pool. This hotel has one and immediately we went down to swim. I had looked inside before and saw from a distance what appeared to be towels for swimming. We marched down without towels and when we got inside I noticed there was no towels. Since we had not brought any I told the kids to go ahead and swim and I would get some. I went out to the front desk and asked if they could bring some towels. The grumpy lady said she would bring some in a few minutes. Well an hour later we all get out of the pool and guess what....the lady hasnt brought any towels. So I go down the hall soaking wet and ask again. She in here grumpy voice said she was busy with a customer and would get to it. We waited about 15 more minutes and finally decided to go to our room soaking wet and no towels. Next day in the afternoon we came back to the hotel and went swimming again. Since our towels in the room were still damp from showers in the morning I decided to take another chance and go swimming assuming there would be towels on the shelf in the swimming area. Again there was no towels but a hamper full of used towels. Before entering the pool I went to the front desk and another lady said she would bring towels in there momentarily. Again foolish me went ahead along with the rest of the family went swimming. After about 45 minutes we are ready to go up to the room....and again there was not towel brought in. Instead of wasting our time we went to the room soaking wet again!! So you can see why I put this in my title.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
smcdogfan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Murphy, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2016

Dear cac1966,

Thank you for your feedback, I'm sorry to hear that you were unable to get pool towels during your visit. I have addressed this issue with the staff....and purchased more towels in order to keep this from happening in the future. I hope you will visit us again when you are back in the area.

Reviewed 24 March 2016

Clean rooms, friendly people, great breakfast and comfortable. Good food all around with beautiful mountains to enjoy. Stayed here while working in the area, found great bbq at the rib shack. The hotel is within a few miles from the casino.

Room Tip: Room had a nice walkin shower, fridge and microwave also.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business

Dear Tony T,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for our hotel. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again soon!

GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Murphy
6.5 km away
23.9 km away
Ridges Resort & Marina
Ridges Resort & Marina
#2 of 2 in Young Harris

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Murphy? Share your experiences!