All reviews hi express furniture store nice breakfast area room was clean around midnight cinnamon rolls upgraded to a suite nice property helpful with directions great place to stay next morning morning breakfast enjoyed my stay the entire staff hie hix ga
Reviewed August 14, 2017

This hotel was easy to find, close to gas and groceries, and was clean and comfortable.

There was nothing about my stay that did not meet my usually expectations for a HI Express. I would stay again if I visit Murphy.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2017 via mobile

Overnight stop using points on motorcycle trip before 2 nights in a tent. Nice, clean room with fridge and microwave. Good TV selections with Direct TV.

Will hit breakfast in the morning, I'm sure it's like most HI Express. Friendly check in.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
smcdogfan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Murphy, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2017

Dear GeorgiaTripMan,

We're glad that we could be the perfect stop along your motorcycle road trip. Making sure you are comfortable, can relax and wake up to a variety of breakfast options is important to us. Thank you for your review, we look forward to your next visit!!

Reviewed May 2, 2017

Nice place to stay, room was clean and comfortable, television channels were plentiful. Continental breakfast was typical of a HI Express, except they only offered egg white veggie omelets, had turkey and pork sausage, no bacon and the typical gravy is only offered on weekends. Towels were a bit rough.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
smcdogfan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Murphy, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2017

Dear ValricoJoe,

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback about your stay. I'm glad to hear that you found our hotel clean and comfortable but sorry you were not equally happy with our breakfast. Selections are rotated daily and gravy is now an optional item that is only offered on weekends. We will certainly share your comments with the staff and see if there is anyway to improve on the guest breakfast experience. I hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed April 23, 2017

When in far west North Carolina for business, this is my go to hotel - most recently stayed two nights in early April. It's clean and comfortable. It's also quiet depending on the location of the assigned room. The indoor pool and breakfast are nice amenities. I would suggest requesting a room away from the elevator and the side facing the town of Murphy. The staff is friendly and helpful. My only complaint is the smoking area being located right beside the front door. If the area is being used, sometimes it's walking through a cloud of smoke, otherwise a good place to stay.

Room tip: 3rd floor facing toward the town of Murphy is quietest- 3rd floor has least HVAC noise.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
smcdogfan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Murphy, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2017

Dear Mark S,

Your feedback is important to us at the Holiday Inn Express in Murphy. We appreciate your review so we can look into any areas that may need attention. I'm glad to hear that you found our hotel clean and our staff friendly. We hope that you choose us again for a stay in the future and exceed your expectations!

Reviewed April 16, 2017

I stayed here on April 3rd, and spent several hours in the room. I was about to turn it in for the night and notice a spider the size of a rat on the curtain (something I've only seen on National Geographic). I brought it to the attention of the night person who gave me another room and helped me clear my things out of the room. I was to stay a week but I checked out of the hotel the next day.

The one star rating isn't necessarily for the spider but more so how IHG and the Hotel handles such negative experiences. I completed the post stay survey and completed a review for IHG website;however it was rejected. I was completely honest in my assessment but I guess they don't accept honest feedback if it's negative. Also, nobody from hotel management ever called to apologize or anything, after IHG stated somebody would contact me.

In the end I did not sleep at all that night for fear the Hotel might be infested with these gigantic spiders. I didn't even request a refund for my stay but I doubt it would have been offered anyway. I'm just thankful I didn't go to sleep and wake to a gigantic spider biting me.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank EDM9999
smcdogfan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Murphy, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2017

Dear EDM9999,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us feedback. We sincerely apologize for the spider in your room and that you felt our property did not live up to your expectations. We did find said spider the next day, it wasn't quite as large as I imagined based on your description, we are not "infested with spiders" but we are located in the mountains and unfortunately nature has a way of finding a way in sometimes. We want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I'm unsure why IHG rejected your review, that is not in our control at the hotel level, we did however receive your survey. Again, thank you for your comments.