“Solar eclipse trip”

Holiday Inn Express Suites Murphy
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Murphy
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We are members of the Holiday Inn rewards club and snagged a room for 15000 points. We were upgraded to a suite which was very large and spotlessly clean. Our check in was flawless and the receptionist could not have been nicer. The free hotel breakfast was typical of all HI Express i.e. there are lots of choices and if you leave hungry, it's your fault. The coffee is hot and quite good. Great place to stay

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
smcdogfan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Murphy, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear Donaldmay4,

Our entire staff are here to make your stay enjoyable and comfortable. We are always happy to give you our best service! Thank you for leaving a review and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

This hotel was easy to find, close to gas and groceries, and was clean and comfortable.

There was nothing about my stay that did not meet my usually expectations for a HI Express. I would stay again if I visit Murphy.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Overnight stop using points on motorcycle trip before 2 nights in a tent. Nice, clean room with fridge and microwave. Good TV selections with Direct TV.

Will hit breakfast in the morning, I'm sure it's like most HI Express. Friendly check in.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
smcdogfan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Murphy, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2017

Dear GeorgiaTripMan,

We're glad that we could be the perfect stop along your motorcycle road trip. Making sure you are comfortable, can relax and wake up to a variety of breakfast options is important to us. Thank you for your review, we look forward to your next visit!!

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Nice place to stay, room was clean and comfortable, television channels were plentiful. Continental breakfast was typical of a HI Express, except they only offered egg white veggie omelets, had turkey and pork sausage, no bacon and the typical gravy is only offered on weekends. Towels were a bit rough.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
smcdogfan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Murphy, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Dear ValricoJoe,

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback about your stay. I'm glad to hear that you found our hotel clean and comfortable but sorry you were not equally happy with our breakfast. Selections are rotated daily and gravy is now an optional item that is only offered on weekends. We will certainly share your comments with the staff and see if there is anyway to improve on the guest breakfast experience. I hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

When in far west North Carolina for business, this is my go to hotel - most recently stayed two nights in early April. It's clean and comfortable. It's also quiet depending on the location of the assigned room. The indoor pool and breakfast are nice amenities. I would suggest requesting a room away from the elevator and the side facing the town of Murphy. The staff is friendly and helpful. My only complaint is the smoking area being located right beside the front door. If the area is being used, sometimes it's walking through a cloud of smoke, otherwise a good place to stay.

Room Tip: 3rd floor facing toward the town of Murphy is quietest- 3rd floor has least HVAC noise.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
smcdogfan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Murphy, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Dear Mark S,

Your feedback is important to us at the Holiday Inn Express in Murphy. We appreciate your review so we can look into any areas that may need attention. I'm glad to hear that you found our hotel clean and our staff friendly. We hope that you choose us again for a stay in the future and exceed your expectations!

Reviewed 16 April 2017

I stayed here on April 3rd, and spent several hours in the room. I was about to turn it in for the night and notice a spider the size of a rat on the curtain (something I've only seen on National Geographic). I brought it to the attention of the night person who gave me another room and helped me clear my things out of the room. I was to stay a week but I checked out of the hotel the next day.

The one star rating isn't necessarily for the spider but more so how IHG and the Hotel handles such negative experiences. I completed the post stay survey and completed a review for IHG website;however it was rejected. I was completely honest in my assessment but I guess they don't accept honest feedback if it's negative. Also, nobody from hotel management ever called to apologize or anything, after IHG stated somebody would contact me.

In the end I did not sleep at all that night for fear the Hotel might be infested with these gigantic spiders. I didn't even request a refund for my stay but I doubt it would have been offered anyway. I'm just thankful I didn't go to sleep and wake to a gigantic spider biting me.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank EDM9999
smcdogfan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Murphy, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Dear EDM9999,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us feedback. We sincerely apologize for the spider in your room and that you felt our property did not live up to your expectations. We did find said spider the next day, it wasn't quite as large as I imagined based on your description, we are not "infested with spiders" but we are located in the mountains and unfortunately nature has a way of finding a way in sometimes. We want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I'm unsure why IHG rejected your review, that is not in our control at the hotel level, we did however receive your survey. Again, thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

We were in Murphy, NC and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for 2 nights. Unfortunately I had broken my foot & everyone on the entire staff went out of their way to be sure I had everything I needed. We got a handicapped accessible suite & it was set up perfect. I doubt an ADA inspector could have found a problem. The rooms were very clean and large enough for two people & a wheelchair. Special thanks to Cat who was the night clerk on our first night and did everything to get us settled and get what we needed. Only problem was as in most Holiday Inns the beds were a little old & worn but we slept great. Since there is a casino in town all the hotels raise rates for the weekend but this was reasonable @ $134 per night versus the casino which raised the weeknight rate of $79 to $279 for the weekend.

Overall I would strongly recommend this hotel to families, leisure travelers & business people.

Room Tip: No specific recommendations - we were on 3rd floor which was very quiet
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
smcdogfan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Murphy, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

Dear dwsorrells,

We appreciate your comments about our hotel and staff. We work hard to always ensure your stay is clean, comfortable, and a breeze! Thank you for recognizing our hospitality. I will be sure and share your comments with our staff. We hope to see you again next time you are in the area!

GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Murphy
6.5 km away
32.0 km away
Reid Ridge Lodge
Reid Ridge Lodge
#1 of 5 in Blue Ridge

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Murphy? Share your experiences!