All reviews campbell folk school pancake machine room was clean pet room casino trip motorcycle trip great place to stay the ground floor continental breakfast the breakfast area an older hotel no elevator nice stay definitely stay here again the dragon first floor checking out
Reviewed July 4, 2017

This is the Only place I stay when I am in the Murphy area. Rooms are always clean and the Staff is very Friendly. Great location and easy excess. The wife loves the area which is very peaceful. You will not be disappointed with this location

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Aurelia S, General Manager at Best Western Of Murphy, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2017

I am glad that you have found the area to be peaceful and our Best Western your choice when in the area. We do enjoy having our guests happy with their accommodations and strive to provide a clean room with a cheerful, knowledgeable staff.

Reviewed June 27, 2017

Murphy NC was where I spent the majority of time on my 9 day motorcycle trip from MA to NC, to Buffalo NY and back to MA. This hotel was conveniently located to several great motorcycle rides. A little less than an hour from Tail of the Dragon and maybe 15 minutes to get into to TN.

The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. One was able to recommend a loop to take after Tail of the Dragon to get back to the hotel which included the Cherohala Skyway, which was one of the best rides I took (I actually did it twice).

The hotel is in a convenient location with a Super Walmart across the street and within a couple miles of various restaurants. I would definitely stay here again if in the area. For some reason, many of the photos that appear on this Tripadvisor page do not appear to be of the this actual hotel. For example, the pool is in the middle of the parking lot, not off the back of the hotel as depicted.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the Best Western. I am also very happy that you pointed out the problem with the photos. Somehow they were of another property. Your comment brought that to our attention and we were able to delete the wrong photos and replace with the correct ones - Thank you!
I agree that the Cherohala Skyway is a terrific scenic ride and am glad that you got to take it.
We look forward to your next stay with us in Murphy!

Reviewed June 21, 2017

reception people very friendly and helpfu breakfast was just okay could use more variety coffee on the weekend was very weak clean nice pool area but pool towels very small room was clean and comfortable

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am happy that our reception people were very friendly. I would appreciate your input on increasing the variety of continental breakfast offerings beyond our pancakes, eggs, sausage, biscuit, cereals, oatmeal, Danish, bagels, variety of breads, yogurt, breakfast bars, milk, almond milk and gluten free or vegan items. We are always open to suggestions that will improve the guest experience.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed June 18, 2017

Great place to stay, hotel is clean and well kept. Staff was truly wonderful. Barbara went out of her way to be helpful. She was pleasant, smiling and very professional. I will always stay here when visiting Murphy

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking time to write a review. I am happy that Barbara was able to be helpful in making your stay at our Best Western a great one. We do look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Murphy.

Reviewed June 17, 2017

We stayed at this property 3 nights. Room was quiet & adequately equipped. Refrigerator was cold- did not use the microwave. Coffee available in the room, but we chose to get it in the office. Breakfast was adequate. Pancakes were unique& tasty. Breakfast area a little small, but was OK & guests did some mingling which was nice. Staff very pleasant. Easy acess in Murphy

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for your review. I am glad to see that your stay at the Best Western of Murphy was a good experience for you. We did expand our breakfast seating to the outside so that, on warm days, guests could enjoy our great mountain weather.
Again, thanks for taking time to write a review and we look forward to your next trip to Murphy.