“Still the same!”

Kelly's Outer Banks Restaurant and Tavern
Ranked #27 of 85 Restaurants in Nags Head
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Celebrating 30 years as a family owned and operated local's favorite, Kelly's features angus beef, chicken, pasta and vegetarian dishes, highlighting North Carolina Outer Banks Catch seafood! Enjoy a wide range of menu options from raw bar selections, grilled, broiled or fried fresh fish to steamed oysters, clams, shrimp and crab legs. Kelly's is famous not only for their fresh seafood dishes but for their mouth-watering sweet potato biscuits and made from scratch delectable desserts - made in house daily. Kelly's offers an extensive Wine Spectator award-winning wine collection that will complement any meal. The Executive Chef and culinary staff will accommodate gluten-free and other dietary requests. Families and groups large and small are always welcome and easily accommodated at Kelly's. Kid's menus are available. Kelly's boasts a AAA 3-Star rating and has been featured in Bon Appetit, Gourmet and NC's Our State magazines and numerous other publications. Dinner seating is Monday-Thursday from 4:30 until 9 pm, Friday-Saturday from 4:30 until 10 pm (except Christmas Day). The separate full-service tavern features nightly entertainment that has showcased not only the best regional bands but national acts as well. You can reserve space for a private party, including the tavern, or you can secure Kelly's for premier catering services with or without wait staff. Casual dining at its best with a unique, one-of-a-kind collection of local art, artifacts and Outer Banks memorabilia displayed throughout - Kelly's is must on your dining To Do list! Late night at Kelly's Outer Banks Tavern features live music, DJ's, karaoke and bar menu. Hours Monday-Thursday from 4:30 until 12 midnight, and Friday-Saturday from 4:30 until 2 a.m.
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Have not been to the Outer Banks for almost 20 years. Remembered Kelly's as always being good. Has not changed! The salmon my wife had was the best she has had while dining out. I had a combination dish of crab, shrimp and scallops. Very fresh...sides were actually good, unlike a lot of establishments. The only reason I did not give it a 5 was it needs a little updating. But what do you go out to dinner for...a great meal!

KellysOuterBanks, Public Relations Manager at Kelly's Outer Banks Restaurant and Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your meal and hope you will come back and see us!

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

The sweet potato biscuits were excellent. The rest of our dinners were good but bland. Will not return!

KellysOuterBanks, Public Relations Manager at Kelly's Outer Banks Restaurant and Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

We are sad to hear you had a bad experience here at Kelly's. However, we do appreciate your feedback and I will be sure to show your review to the staff. Thank you.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

We have eaten here 3 times in 5 days - all excellent meals and didn't feel like waiting an hour for other restaurants!!! You can eat in the bar if crowded - never a wait - have had a hamburger, scallops, tuna, and ribs this week - all greatyou are really missing out if you don't try Kelly's! Plus a pool table, shuffleboard, and popcorn machine in bar - too much fun!

KellysOuterBanks, Public Relations Manager at Kelly's Outer Banks Restaurant and Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your time here with us. I will share your review with the staff! Come back and see us!

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

One of my fav spots that left an impression with me after 20 years! All because of those sweet potato biscuits. Love them however back in the day they were much bigger. I was disappointed in the petite biscuits now being served.

I stopped by and ordered some carryout for my friends because I bragged so much about how good they were. When I got them I couldn't believe the size. Nonetheless they were good.

Make them bigger and not the size of nuggets.

KellysOuterBanks, Public Relations Manager at Kelly's Outer Banks Restaurant and Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Thanks for your feedback. Your comments are very important and I have shared them with our staff. In the future, if you want larger biscuits, please ask when placing your order and we will be glad to prepare them. We went to a smaller biscuit because of demand and space.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Food is always delicious with a large variety to pick from I had the 1/2 rack of ribs they were very good lots of flavor & very meaty, my husband had the north Carolina seafood combination which was also very good... salad dressing are homemade & delicious. Atmosphere is very charming, reasonably price.

KellysOuterBanks, Public Relations Manager at Kelly's Outer Banks Restaurant and Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed the ribs and the seafood conbo. Thanks for dining at Kelly's, we hope you'll come back again.