“Fantastic!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed April 4, 2018

My husband and I were treated to lunch by our daughter and it was fantastic! My husband enjoyed the grilled tuna entree, I had the oysters and shrimp special and my daughter had the grilled tuna sandwich. All of our lunches were served with fresh cut fries and cole slaw (except my daughter's sandwich which only came with fries). Everything was cooked to perfection and thoroughly enjoyed. My husband and I shared a bread pudding with cinnamon flavored whipped cream (to die for!!) and my daughter enjoyed the Oreo cheesecake with whipped cream for dessert. Our waitress was great (wish I would have gotten her name). We will definitely visit the next time we are in Nags Head.

Reviewed March 28, 2018

Lucky for us, we stopped into Lucky 12 for lunch, because it was just about perfect. We were greeted with a nice smile and quickly ordered a couple of cold beers. The food was outstanding. Buffalo shrimp appetizer, spinach salad, and oysters were all fresh and delicious. Actually, the oysters were the best we've had in OBX -- very lightly battered and fried perfectly. Tater tots were also a great surprise. Don't bother making them at home. Come to Lucky 12 and enjoy.

Reviewed March 3, 2018

Very fresh seafood. The platter is wonderful. Service is excellent and prices are consistent with other seafood restaurants in Nags Head. Not much to look at from the outside, but inside it is very enjoyable. Very good menu and will satisfy most everyone.

Reviewed November 29, 2017

Had lunch with friends yesterday at lucky 12. I had a great juicy burger. My wife had a super shrimp “poor boy”sandwich, and our friend had the fried oyster platter. Our friends said the oysters were some of the best he ever had. All at reasonable prices.

Reviewed November 27, 2017

Went to Lucky 12 on our recent visit (October) to OBX and also called and took pizza home after a long day, both times were completely different experiences.

One night we went in for some drinks, sat at the bar and watched some football. We had two bartenders, a woman and a younger guy (wish I could remember his name). The male bartender was fabulous! He was super friendly, let us try some beers we were unsure of and spent some time getting to know us. We had some questions about Kill Devil Rum and he gave us the scoop on the distillery in maneto as he is friends with one of the owners. Super cool kid and made us feel at home. The girl was nice enough but when we saw on the board "Jamey" or however it was written my bf asked what that was as it was a different price listed from Jameson. She snarkily replied "You pay the price listed depending how you ask for it". We laughed about it then but later though it was kind of rude the way she came across as we were just asking a question. She was ok but not overly friendly when it came to tending bar.

The next time we ordered to go pizzas. My boyfriend called in the order and the guy on the phone with him was very short, didn't say the name of the bar just answered "Yeah". We ordered pizza and went in to pick it up. The guy was extremely rude and seemed to be bothered to have to deal with us. My boyfriend went to fill out the credit card slip and didn't give him a tip due to his rude attitude (and he would have tipped him if he simply smiled and welcomed him or thanked him) and the bartender had the nerve to make a comment to him about not tipping! The pizza was ok, plenty of olives on the pie we ordered. We were hungry that night so it hit the spot. I don't really think any pizza at the beach is great so it was sufficient.

I have always loved lucky 12 and remember going there when it first opened. I was excited to take my boyfriend there who has never been to the OBX. Will we be back? Maybe if the staff act like they enjoy their job a little bit more as some of them need an attitude adjustment. There are plenty of other places to spend decent money on drinks where staff doesn't seem annoyed by customers.