Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Jockey's Ridge State Park
from US$56.38
More Info
from US$16.91
More Info
2,018 results
All reviews sand dunes jockey's ridge flying kites hang gliders boogie boards watch the sunset huge dunes great place to fly a kite the outer banks kitty hawk kites bring water beautiful sunset your feet great exercise the east coast visitor's center soft sand
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Ever see someone sledding down a sand dune? You'll see it here. The dunes are HUGE. Great place to spend some time, particularly at sunset.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

We have been to Jockey's Ridge several times over the years... It is in a "must visit" category as far as my wife and I are concerned... The views are amazing. Go for a sunset... You won't be disappointed....
It is a bit of a hike uphill thru the sand...so dress accordingly.

2  Thank ricardomnt
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Sand dunes and atlantic ocean - what more does one want ? :-)

2  Thank poogiewoogie
Reviewed December 25, 2011

It is a nice park to spend half a day. We enjoyed the sand dune walk and the view from top of the sand dune. My son participated in a 'ranger' program. He went out and gathered information on plants, birds, and animal tracks. He lrearned something and had fun in the process.
The park is free. It is conveniently located next to the highway.

Reviewed December 18, 2011

Though I've lived in NC all my life and heard about Jockey's Ridge, I had never been until this month. We actually stumbled upon this state park as we were exploring some of Kitty Hawk, so we decided to stop. I wasn't aware you could actually walk on these dunes, but you can explore the whole thing! It's absolutely huge. We managed to get there before the visitor's center closed, thank goodness. The woman at the front desk was so nice and gave us little maps with lots of interesting information. It might be a workout, but I highly suggest taking a stroll through the park. The dunes are amazing and forever changing, and you can see lots of wildlife on your way up and down the dunes. Some folks were also sand-boarding while we were there, which looked like tons of fun! And we also managed to catch a beautiful sunset from the top of a huge dune, as it set on the sound. It was absolutely beautiful.

2  Thank carolinagirl2011