Review Highlights
Amazing experience

Went on the jet ski tour and the staff was very friendly. We were going 50+mph most of the time... read more

Reviewed August 8, 2014
Ryan L
via mobile
Would be my last choice cancelled us out.

I am late writting this, but we were on the OBX 2 different times last summer, both times they... read more

Reviewed May 6, 2012
BeachbumOBX01
Outer Banks, NC

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I didnt go up in the parasail but my wife and kids did,I stayed on the boat with the guides.I had a blast with the guides just talking with them and the wife and kids had a blast up in the sky.the guides i believe were capt AL and a guy named jason.they both seemed to know what they were doing,and were very easy to talk too.I have to say they did it right and worked well with kids and adults.It was very cool.and i would do it again.

Date of experience: August 2011
3  Thank jeromy h
Reviewed August 4, 2011

There were 8 teens in our party and we had a blast on the wave runner tour. Our guide was DJ and he was excellent! It is a great way for teens to unload energy and cool off on a hot afternoon We saw dolphins as well. It was worth every penny and succeeded our expectations.

Date of experience: August 2011
2  Thank etnmom
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I'm surprised to see any negative reviews of Grog's considering the experience we just had July 16th. We wanted to splurge on just one outing for the week, and thought we'd rent two wave runners to take our two young kids out on the sound. After scanning the various deals offered by the different water sports companies, we chose Grog's because they were the only place to honor the weekend wave runner discount on both the hour rental AND the longer, guided tour. They convinced us that the tour was far more entertaining than just riding around for an hour, so we went with it. The manager checked us in, and was as friendly as could be. Our tour guide was fantastic. She took us out into the sound, into Wanchese harbor, through marshes, and then over to Manteo, pointing out lighthouses and other places of interest along the way. On the way back in, she spotted a group of dolphins, and led us right over to them. We killed the engines, and she let us just float and watch them as long as we wanted. We got WAY MORE than we paid for, in our opinion, and we'll recommend Grog's to everyone we know who is headed to the Outer Banks. Thanks for the wonderful trip!

Date of experience: July 2011
7  Thank hightides
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Horrible--boat captain showed up an hour late from the schedule and appeared to be considerably hungover. In order to save time they just combined groups of people parasailing as well as cut the overall time groups would be in the air--definitely would not recommend, there are plenty of other parasailing services in the local area!

3  Thank medianjoeseph
grogsobx, Owner at Grog's Watersports, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2011

I'm sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience parasailing with us. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will be having a long talk with the captain today to make sure that it doesn't happen again.

Reviewed June 29, 2011

Price was right. Boat was not in to bad of shape. If u don't know how or don't have boating experience I would not recommend. I have over 20 years of boating experience and when the water started to get choppy on the sound I found it even a challenge for me to navigate. Would have better in a ski boat though saith would of let me go faster to get on plane and ride the waves instead of roll with them. Good time though. We all had fun.