“Dolphin Watch boring... Go to other one up the bypass!”
Review of Grog's Watersports

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Grog's Watersports
Ranked #30 of 43 things to do in Nags Head
More attraction details
Owner description: Get Wet at Grog’s! We're the premier spot on the Outer Banks for your watersports fun. Enjoy the thrill of parasailing or the excitement of waverunner, kayak or dolphin tours. We offer every water adventure imaginable. You can also rent waverunners, kayaks and boats. When you're done with your activity, bring a lunch and enjoy it at one of our picnic benches on the beach. We take online reservations to make your vacation planning easy.
Reviewed August 19, 2011

This tour sucked. I've don the Nags Head Dolphin Watch which is up e road and it was way more fun and informative. He first mate seemed like she was stoned.

3  Thank Sween9

Reviewed August 10, 2011

I didnt go up in the parasail but my wife and kids did,I stayed on the boat with the guides.I had a blast with the guides just talking with them and the wife and kids had a blast up in the sky.the guides i believe were capt AL and a guy named jason.they both seemed to know what they were doing,and were very easy to talk too.I have to say they did it right and worked well with kids and adults.It was very cool.and i would do it again.

3  Thank jeromy h
Reviewed August 4, 2011

There were 8 teens in our party and we had a blast on the wave runner tour. Our guide was DJ and he was excellent! It is a great way for teens to unload energy and cool off on a hot afternoon We saw dolphins as well. It was worth every penny and succeeded our expectations.

2  Thank etnmom
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I'm surprised to see any negative reviews of Grog's considering the experience we just had July 16th. We wanted to splurge on just one outing for the week, and thought we'd rent two wave runners to take our two young kids out on the sound. After scanning the various deals offered by the different water sports companies, we chose Grog's because they were the only place to honor the weekend wave runner discount on both the hour rental AND the longer, guided tour. They convinced us that the tour was far more entertaining than just riding around for an hour, so we went with it. The manager checked us in, and was as friendly as could be. Our tour guide was fantastic. She took us out into the sound, into Wanchese harbor, through marshes, and then over to Manteo, pointing out lighthouses and other places of interest along the way. On the way back in, she spotted a group of dolphins, and led us right over to them. We killed the engines, and she let us just float and watch them as long as we wanted. We got WAY MORE than we paid for, in our opinion, and we'll recommend Grog's to everyone we know who is headed to the Outer Banks. Thanks for the wonderful trip!

7  Thank hightides
See more reviews
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Horrible--boat captain showed up an hour late from the schedule and appeared to be considerably hungover. In order to save time they just combined groups of people parasailing as well as cut the overall time groups would be in the air--definitely would not recommend, there are plenty of other parasailing services in the local area!

3  Thank medianjoeseph
grogsobx, Owner at Grog's Watersports, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2011

I'm sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience parasailing with us. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will be having a long talk with the captain today to make sure that it doesn't happen again.