Review Highlights
Would be my last choice cancelled us out.

Reviewed May 6, 2012
BeachbumOBX01
Outer Banks, NC
Best vacation ever

Reviewed September 5, 2011
Christrules

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Went on the jet ski tour and the staff was very friendly. We were going 50+mph most of the time! Such a blast would recommend going at 9 or 10am for $15 off. Ask to see dolphins and you will these guys know what they're doing! Would do this all day if I could!

2  Thank Ryan L
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I am late writting this, but we were on the OBX 2 different times last summer, both times they cancelled us on parasailling and 1 time for a tour. We booked a few weeks in advance, 1st time they did not give a reason, 2nd time 1/2 jokely said something about the Capt cannot keep the parasailling boat up and running, just a few days ago he had to be towed back loaded with people from another parasailling company.

If you look at the other reviews I notice this cancel thing seems to happen often here.

There are several other companies large and small nearby I would check one of them out before you book with these guys. We will be.

8  Thank BeachbumOBX01
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Last month my son was diagnosed with a terminal illness, his last wish was to go to his favorite place one last time ( obx). We wanted to have a grand time and a close family friend recommended your place to us, he mentioned the fact that there were other watersport establishments in the area but that none of them were on par with grogs. We had such a blast! My son was thrilled to death on the dolphin tour, and I'm not going to lie the first mate was easy on the eyes if you know what i mean.... The entire staff at grogs was tremendous, I would recommend this place to anyone, thanks again grogs for the excellent time.

12  Thank Christrules
Reviewed August 31, 2011

There was 6 people in our vacation party and 3 of the teenagers wanted to go parasailing. The girl at Grog's told us that the boat only would hold 4 people and we could only have one observer on the boat so my husband sat on the dock and waited. It turned out that the boat holds 6 people (plus the 2 quides)and Grog's just didn't want to loose the extra money by selling those 2 seats to observers. We felt like they misrepresented themselves and lied to us to suit thier own needs. We will definitely go to another parasailing company in the future.

13  Thank BWard48
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Grogs cancelled on us twice in a span of three days, once for a dolphin tour and once for parasailing. No phone call, nothing. Just "we're not going out today". Awful, Awful establishment. Do not book here unless you want your vacation ruined.

9  Thank Denise W
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Bad weather. They should have known of pending storm. Everyone soaked and freezing. The captain steered towards an obvious storm in an effort to find some dolphins over an hour into our trip. Very irresponsible. Trip was a total bust.

3  Thank Patravelingfamily
Reviewed August 19, 2011

This tour sucked. I've don the Nags Head Dolphin Watch which is up e road and it was way more fun and informative. He first mate seemed like she was stoned.

3  Thank Sween9
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I didnt go up in the parasail but my wife and kids did,I stayed on the boat with the guides.I had a blast with the guides just talking with them and the wife and kids had a blast up in the sky.the guides i believe were capt AL and a guy named jason.they both seemed to know what they were doing,and were very easy to talk too.I have to say they did it right and worked well with kids and adults.It was very cool.and i would do it again.

3  Thank jeromy h
Reviewed August 4, 2011

There were 8 teens in our party and we had a blast on the wave runner tour. Our guide was DJ and he was excellent! It is a great way for teens to unload energy and cool off on a hot afternoon We saw dolphins as well. It was worth every penny and succeeded our expectations.

2  Thank etnmom
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I'm surprised to see any negative reviews of Grog's considering the experience we just had July 16th. We wanted to splurge on just one outing for the week, and thought we'd rent two wave runners to take our two young kids out on the sound. After scanning the various deals offered by the different water sports companies, we chose Grog's because they were the only place to honor the weekend wave runner discount on both the hour rental AND the longer, guided tour. They convinced us that the tour was far more entertaining than just riding around for an hour, so we went with it. The manager checked us in, and was as friendly as could be. Our tour guide was fantastic. She took us out into the sound, into Wanchese harbor, through marshes, and then over to Manteo, pointing out lighthouses and other places of interest along the way. On the way back in, she spotted a group of dolphins, and led us right over to them. We killed the engines, and she let us just float and watch them as long as we wanted. We got WAY MORE than we paid for, in our opinion, and we'll recommend Grog's to everyone we know who is headed to the Outer Banks. Thanks for the wonderful trip!

7  Thank hightides