“It was like home away from home.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Bern
The Ziegler Hotel Rooms, Suites, Cottages
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Asheville, North Carolina
“It was like home away from home.”
Reviewed 20 May 2010

We thought that we would have to stay at the other "bigger" hotels in the area, but then we found "The Zig", and could not be happier in our find. The Ziegler Hotel had several site links including the calendar of events, weather, historic sites and places to eat. The site link gave the history of The Ziegler Hotel, and information about the several theme rooms that were available. It was "upscale lodging with nostalgic pricing". Everything was neat and clean and you felt like being at home when you pulled into the parking lot. The many amenities were well appreciated and everything was of the highest standards. The small refrigerator and microwave were among the amenities. As we were going to be arriving late [after 6pm] we did not have tow orry about how to get the keys to our rooms. Each door had a small lockbox. The hotel is located in a small neighborhood and within a small distance from the business area. The hotel is located just 9 blocks from historic downtown New Bern, NC. While touring New Bern, NC and many of the other towns and beaches, it was a welcoming sight to pull into the hotel parking lot. We are already planning our next visit and plan on staying at The Ziegler Hotel. Harry and Marsha from Asheville, North Carolina

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank jordie60742

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Pinellas Park, Florida
Reviewed 7 May 2010

Went to see my new Grandson but had to bring my Dog Sheba. This is the only pet friendly Hotel in New Bern. I am so Glad it was. Great place to stay and very friendly staff. Nice bed, Flat screen tv, clean bath room and the room just made me feel at home. Hope to see you all again! Jim, Jo and Sheba From FL.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jimmyep123
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed 6 April 2010

My stay was very enjoyable. The accommodations were CLEAN which is of the utmost importance to me. The location is convenient to all of New Bern. The staff members were very helpful and accommodating (Even transferring all of my luggage from my car to my suite in the pouring rain and assisting me at check-out at 7:a.m. when I locked my purse in my room.) I would definitely recommend the Ziegler to others and hope to stay there again when I am in New Bern.

Lois Gellasch