“Great Gyros!”

Famous Subs & Pizza
Ranked #23 of 180 Restaurants in New Bern
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed September 21, 2015

Famous Subs & Pizza was a recommendation for us to try while visiting New Bern. We were not disappointed! The gyros were wonderful! Flavorful & juicy! My family also tried the hummus and tzatziki platter and it was delicious. The pita chips were soft and perfect with both dips. There were many options on the menu ranging from traditional Greek food, pasta, subs, & pizza. I will definitely visit again when I am in town.

Reviewed September 9, 2015

One of our favorite after church places for lunch. Accommodates large groups as well. Good food and baklava

Reviewed July 27, 2015

every year during the month of June or Aug i must come down to the air station at cherry point but the last few times i stayed in new Bern,just more to do.during class
a friend told me about famous subs and pizza,wow!the place needs a little up dating
but all is forgotten when you start to eat your meal,i had there lasagna in one word
great.every thing was like home made!!

Reviewed June 18, 2015

My husband and I eat at Famous pretty often and we ADORE their gyros, and their pizza is very good. So, I qualify this somewhat negative review with sincere praise for their long history of wonderful food. Keep it up! But ... when we were there yesterday and ordered our usual gyros, we were a little sad to see the beautiful pita wraps accompanied by the most pitiful piles of stale, bottom-of-the-bag potato chips possible. Ugh! I immediately spoke to a nearby waitress, who brought out a bowl of fresh chips for us. I also had a really insipid, withered pickle -- not the usual crisp, big pickle Famous serves with their gyros.
It's just chips and pickles. But ... I'm used to better stuff from Famous. Don't accompany your delicious pita sandwiches with such fare. Whoever is in the kitchen right now slapping those sides on, well, he needs a bit more training.

2  Thank MK C C
Reviewed May 19, 2015 via mobile

We came here on a busy Sunday evening, so it took a while to be waited on. The food was great, though. I had a gyro and my husband had the gyro platter (open instead of wrapped). Only other thing about the food was that the cucumbers from the salad tasted like they'd been sitting out all day. We'd had their salads catered before and never had a problem with that, so hopefully that was just a one time thing.