All reviewsoutback steakhouseacross the bridgeroom was cleanclose to downtowncontinental breakfastan older hotelwafflesconvention centerother hotelsbeautiful vieweasy accesstrent riverenjoyed our stayoutdoor poolking roomgreat place to staythe breakfast area
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I made the mistake of staying in havelock and i truly wished i would have stayed at this establishment to begin with. It is the ONLY and i mean ONLY place that still accepts pets in this area and they saved us from sleeping it out in the truck. The desk attendants had been very helpful and friendly and recommended we eat at a local seafood restaurant called Captain Ratties .I watched a beautiful sunset the first morning from the pier behind the hotel and extended my stay just to see more of the local attractions. This hotel has water and inlets on both sides and a path on the newly constructed drawbridge leading into downtown and is very dog friendly with sidewalks leading into opposite ends of town. Pet lovers need to be aware of this hotel.

Room Tip: Must check to see if pet rooms are available in advance as they only have certain rooms designated as pet rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I stayed at this hotel recently for the first time. I have been in the area for a couple weeks to finish up some personal business and i stayed at a couple other places including the Hilton and BP is by far the best considering location, scenery, accessibility and staff. I needed a ride to the airport because local taxi companies weren't available at 4 am so the overnight desk clerk took me personally even though he wasn't supposed to. I guarantee you no other place in the area was even close to being this accommodating. The breakfast was a little generic, you might want to think about including something more than pastries you can get from a vending machine. The dining facility is absolutely gorgeous and the view out into the marina is breathtaking at sunrise. Make sure to get a third or fourth floor room. The higher up the better. They have an outdoor pool (closed for winter) and the outback is a great environment for dinner and drinks. the drawbridge is about a 5 minute walk into the gorgeous downtown area.

Room Tip: Get higher floor room to get best possible view, also ask for room to face drawbridge side.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank mikel chaz m
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Okay, so the hotel is a little tired and outdated, but it is clean. No hassles with check-in and all the staff are very accommodating and friendly if you need an extra blanket or to make a taxi phone call for you. I was there for four days and the first night, my room heater was only blowing cool air, so I reported it the next morning and the engineer came straight up and gave me a new unit and all this took place less than 20 minutes. My view was over the river and it was fun to watch the boat traffic. We had lunch downtown at a local's seafood place and then after sunset, we walked the short path to Outback and had an ice cream sundae and coffee. Outback was only to happy to wait on us even though we had only dessert. Now, for the down side, the breakfast is just not up to the speed of other hotels. The only fresh fruit were apples and muffins and sweet rolls were partially frozen. Waffle very bland along with the syrup provided. Coffee weak. I say, skip that. Otherwise, it was a pleasant experience and I would return.

Room Tip: Ask for the odd-numbered rooms which overlook the river.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank floridagrammy
Reviewed November 15, 2011

We needed a dog friendly hotel and this was one of the few in the area that worked. The rooms are rather old and run down, but the hotel is located in a convenient spot and it is just a quick walk over the bridge to get into downtown New Bern. Another negative is that there is a pond right next to the hotel and it smells awful. I don't know if this is always the case or something seasonal.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank melmakian
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Nice big room, excellent location, walk to dining, lovely Marina, nice staff and have returned once since original visit and plan to return every time I'm out that way.

Room Tip: Top floor is always a winner.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple