“Excellent Accomodations and Staff!”
Review of Islander Inn

Islander Inn
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I just visited the Islander Inn for my best friend's wedding and had the trip of a lifetime. The hotel was fantastic and the staff was friendly and attentive. One particular event made me truly appreciate the entire experience: upon returning from the wedding reception, we needed to store the remainder of the wedding cake in a refrigerator, which ended up being no small task. The front desk attendant, Maria, was so friendly and helpful. She cleared out a space in their personal refrigerator and reorganized countless shelves of food and drink to make space for the cake. After we finally got it into the refrigerator, we tried tipping her and she said she was just happy to help and no tip was necessary. Me and my friend and his new bride were all so happy and thankful to her for helping us out. I recommend The Islander Inn to anyone looking for a fantastic beach getaway!

Room Tip: The views from either side are great
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank jjfallon
MarnieWilliamson, General Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences with other travelers. Your kind words about our property are very much appreciated. We do hope we have the opportunity to serve you again on a future visit to beautiful Ocean Isle Beach!

Reviewed 14 May 2012

We took our 3 dogs to this property for a quick weekend anniversary get away. When I tried to book online, it said they were sold out but I emailed the property and Carla helped manage to get me in. She was most helpful and it was super easy to reserve, check in and check out. No long waits and we got early check in on Friday with no problem. The best part is that they are very pet friendly. They do it right here...all pets stay in building 7 and that is really great organization. The other tenants had their dogs so the occassional barking wasn't a problem. I must say that I am a clean freak and normally wont take my flip flops off in hotel rooms but here it was so clean I didn't mind. There wasn't one hair to be found in the bathroom :) (my pet peeve) If you are someone who needs elaborate furnishings in a room this place is not for you so go stay at a ritz carlton if thats what you seek (no offense). The Islander has a fridge, wetbar, and a microwave which is all we needed. Again the room was no thrills but was super clean but the rate reflects that. I thought this was a super value for the amenities the hotel provided. Every morning there is a breakfast you can help yourself too. Fresh fruit, waffles, biscuits, juice, danish, etc. Indoor pool/hot tub and an outdoor pool. The beach location IS PERFECT. The beaches here are super clean and wide. It was jellyfish season when we visited and there were a few ones around but nothing like myrtle beach thank goodness. If you like to collect shells, this place is for you. Hundreds of intact shells laying around everywhere. We will definitly be back to this perfectly located and pet friendly hotel. It was a great stay! (Only drawback is it tended to be a little noisy late friday night when the late comers were arriving at midnight. But if that is my only complaint...geeze Im good to go)

Room Tip: Book early to get Oceanfront or email property directly. We only managed to get soundfront but it w...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jmdoucette

Reviewed 10 May 2012

I booked the Islander Inn for our wedding at the Isles Restaurant in the beginning of April. I blocked rooms for all our guests there also. I absolutely love the Islander Inn and cannot wait to return. Our guests even raved about what a perfect place it was. Carla and Jessica were amazing!! They are very friendly and accomodating. The hotel rooms are extremely clean, housekeeping does an excellent job and the rooms have the most amazing views. They have a fantastic breakfast area with complimentary coffee, muffins, bagels, fruit, etc.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly L

Reviewed 6 May 2012

My husband and I just got home from spending 6 wonderful nights at the Islander Inn. We originally planned to spend 5 nights but we were having such a nice time we wanted to stay an extra night and THANK YOU STARLA for going out of your way to make it happen. We had an oceanfront room that was large and very clean THANK YOU LADIES for all you did to keep our room tidy and for all the nice fresh towels. The breakfast room was very nice - with a good selection of breakfast foods. The pools, hot tub and grounds were clean and well maintained. I can't say enough nice things about the Islander - It was perfect.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Talla G
MarnieWilliamson, General Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Just booked my first stay at the Islander Inn for Mother's Day. Am on a budget due to being laid off from work but still trying to give my mom the first class Mother's Day she deserves. Starla was extremely friendly & helpful! She got me and my mom into an Oceanfront room for 3 nights for a wonderful rate. At first they didn't have an oceanfront room available on the last night so we were going to have to move to another room which would have been a big inconvenience for my mom, but Starla went the extra mile to move things around so that not only could we get an oceanfront room for all 3 nights but we got to stay in the same room! How wonderfully refreshing it is to know that customer service like this is still alive! Thank you so much Starla for your extra effort and your "can do" attitude. Looking forward to our stay and showing my mom a wonderful time on Mother's Day!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Gina T
MarnieWilliamson, General Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
We are so pleased to hear that you will be spending Mother's Day with us. Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff. I will pass along your compliments to Starla. We do pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and I am so glad that everything worked out as you wished. We very much look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Looking forward to another trek this coming summer to Ocean Isle and the Islander Inn. The Islander is a great place to stay beachfront and offers a great value in accommodations/price. The staff is friendly and very customer focused to locate a room of your specific request (as they just did for us!) and any issue is handled quickly and with the guest's comfort as priority. That southern hospitality is what keeps us returning for many years. Rooms are comfortable and clean, beds sleep well (which I must have), continental breakfast is always abundant and refreshed with refills continuously (those sweet ladies are the best!), and the Tiki bar has been a delightful addition. Guitar player/entertainment there would be great most nights. Kids of all ages love the pools and whirlpool. Top floor rooms are the best and offer fabulous views of this very special place. We had always been major OBXers but OIB has all we need with easy and close proximity to more in either Myrtle Beach or Wilmington. Thank you Starla, Marnie & all the staff for making our stays so enjoyable!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
MarnieWilliamson, General Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
We are so pleased that you have enjoyed your time at the Islander Inn and are eagerly awaiting your next visit! We sincerely value repeat customers such as yourself and thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our behalf. Your kind words about our property and staff are very much appreciated. We will definately consider your idea about having live music at the Tiki Bar. Thanks for suggesting this. Again, we look forward to seeing you very soon!

Reviewed 19 April 2012

This is a nce property. Not fancy, but clean and comfortable. The ocean front rooms are worth the extra money for the view from the good-sized balcony. It's walking distance from the pier, putt-putt, a few shops, a restaurant/pub, and an ice cream shop. They have small refridgerators, microwave and coffee maker. The continental breakfast is very good with a large variety of foods including fresh fruit and microwaveable sausage biscuits for meat lovers. The only problem was there was only one waffle iron, and there was a long line for it every morning. They need another waffle iron! The indoor pool seemed clean, but the jacuzzi didn't get warm. It was cooler than the pool. The outdoor pool area was nice, and the Tiki Bar was open (yay!). There is a nice gazebo and the beach is large, beautiful, and not crowded. The first morning I realized the hair dryer didn't work and maintenance was at our room installing a new one less than five minutes after I called. There is only one elevator - in building two - and the buildings are connected by an open walkway. If you have walking or stair climbing issues, be sure to get building two or as close as possible. Parking is underneath, each building has two sets of stairs. I've stayed at Ocean Isle for the past 14 years, but previously in a condo with more family. It's a wonderful beach for relaxing and enjoying the ocean without the traffic and crowds of Myrtle. I wish The Islander Inn had efficiencies, but I guess you can't have everything.

Room Tip: Ocean front is worth the money.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

The Prince Resort
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
25.3 km away
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#4 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
18.3 km away
Holiday Inn Express N. Myrtle Beach-Little River
38.6 km away
Wingate by Wyndham Southport

Been to Islander Inn? Share your experiences!