Teach's Hole Blackbeard Exhibit
Open today: 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
A nice spot to learn a little history

We stopped by Teach's Hole, and learned a lot of background on Blackbeard! There's a walk-through... read more

Reviewed October 30, 2018
Feelin_Irie
Virginia
Sweet tiny place

When they say it's small, they mean it. But for how small it is, I learned a ton about Blackbeard... read more

Reviewed September 5, 2018
Becky S

All reviews teach's hole t shirts gift shop is black beard self guided low cost small museum visited ocracoke quick visit pirate artifacts video history admission island trinkets treasure
Reviewed July 19, 2017

Stopped in to learn about Blackbeard. Cute museum with mostly reading about Blackbeard and other pirate history. We learned a lot about Blackbeard. Very interesting. Would recommend this to anyone who is interested in pirate history.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed July 7, 2017

The exhibit here includes great info on the most famous pirate in NC history, Blackbeard. I just ask one small favor of you...please, if you have children, teach them to be respectful when they're in the exhibit. There is a short historical movie that plays in the back room and we couldn't hear it over the kids that came in screaming and running around. It was $3 or $4 for adults, and children of a certain age have to pay too. Why waste your money. Stay in the exhibit at least long enough to explain some of the information to your children. I have never in my life been so turned off by such rude children and un-caring parents. This would have gotten a full 5 (excellent), but my visit was ruined by those that have clearly never been in public before.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed July 5, 2017

A little bit touristy but the museum is interesting and I learned quite a bit about Blackbird and other pirates. I was hesitant to visit, but glad I did!

Reviewed June 28, 2017

It's worth it if you're interested in Pirate history of Blackbeard. Low cost admission , decent exhibits,good information. Nice gift shop. 15 min well spent

Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

We were staying in Radanthe. I'm not sure I would take the 45 minute ferry ride over just to see this museum. It was interesting. And if you have good luck, you might be able to see the wild mustang herd a couple of miles north. We did not...

There was a small movie that less interesting. The exhibits were interesting. I imagine it's hard to get good information on a pirate.