“Budget dining”

Cousin Gary's Family
Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

The prices here are on the low end and you can get a sizeable meal for the price, be aware that a lot of older folks like to eat here so they dont often season a lot of whats on the buffet bar

1  Thank Naustro

Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

Breakfast delicious! Biscuits can get a little hard on the edges as the buffet time lengthens, but fresh is best! Friday night the buffet includes catfish, which happens to be exactly what I was dreaming it would be! Salad bar is lacking on options, but if you are wanting a salad you likely aren't there for the buffet!

1  Thank Lori F
Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

I've been to cousin Gary's twice, once to meet up with relatives and once on a day trip with a friend. They're food is delicious and uncomplicated, buffet or menu, and the staff is very friendly. It is small and cozy feeling and is perfect to set a spell and catch up.

1  Thank CassNC54
Reviewed July 24, 2017 via mobile

Every year, for the past four years, on our way back from our vacation we have stopped by Cousin Gary's. Every time we've stopped in here, it has been a great experience for our family (with kids and grandparents the number of us is usually anywhere from 10 to 11), the service has been friendly and attentive, and the food has been very good. This year things were different. I'm not sure if it's under new ownership, or what has changed, but my entire family came away very disappointed this year. I ordered the ground steak, with pinto beans, and okra. You could tell the meat was either cheap or just wasn't prepared well ( I have never said meat was cheap in any review I've done) because it was so spiced with pepper you couldn't even taste it. The beans were dried out, and the okra was obviously frozen and store bought. The service was lacking, as well, as our male server had no personality, and the older lady who took our order appeared somewhat put out by having to wait on us. It was great while it lasted, Cousin Gary's. I'm sad to say that we won't be back.

1  Thank TrevorH1416
Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

My husband loved the fried chicken. Really good buffet. Love all of the salad selections too. Peach cobbler was really tasty.