“Better in(side) than out(side)!”
Review of Sweet Tea's - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Tucked into a corner of a strip mall that itself has no direct access to the main road without (Pineville-Matthews road), you might miss Sweet Tea's, or get turned around on the way. However, it's worth the effort of finding! Quiet for a midweek lunch, the hostess and wait-staff were gracious and friendly; the menu not over-blown, with a good selection of well-prepared and well-presented Southern fare--shrimp and grits, fried green tomatoes , etc all served at a reasonable, unhurried pace. Drink and dessert menus likewise adequate, not excessive. Quantities were enough, not too much; prices were impressively low for food and beverages. Atmosphere clean and bright--far better than your average mall restaurant. Well worth taking the time to find and visit!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Each individual dish was OK, but I have never had a more fattening, greasy dinner ever. The staff was very nice, but I would never eat here again because it is so unhealthy. If you enjoy southern comfort food, this may be your place.

1  Thank kmccarthync
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I had seen Sweet Tea's restaurant several years ago on the Food Network so when I was visiting the Charlotte, North Carolina area, I found the restaurant in Pineville, North Carolina. The meat and vegetables that my husband and I had were delicious. The green beans and collard greens had the best flavor with pieces of bacon in the green beans.

The restaurant was hard to find but it was well worth finding. The owner came to our table and talked to us after we told our waitress we had seen Sweet Tea's on the Food Network.

If you want a yummy meal, go to Sweet Tea's. It is across from the hospital on Pineville-Matthews Road. All the vegetables have a southern flavor and tea is included with your meal. We will go back the next time we visit the area.

1  Thank Nancy B
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I was not pleased at all. The decor is nice, and our waitress was nice but that is not what I consider southern comfort food. The host was impersonal and make us feel uncomfortable, almost wondering why we were there. (Bad first impression.) I got the chicken fried chicken and green beans. The chicken was drenched in gravy, therefore, it was soggy and salty. The potatoes were okay, the gravy was a white pepper gravy that was salty. The green beans were GREASY and gross, and NOT Southern style. They were grilled, and were awful. Even the sweet tea was terrible, using artificial syrups to flavor sweet tea. I am sorry, I was disgusted at this restaurant. After I left, I saw the reviews and how the restaurant was on Restaurant Impossible, which explained it all. No offense to Robert Irvine, but that is NOT southern cooking at all. I was very disappointed and I can tell you I REFUSE to eat there ever again.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Stopped for dinner with my husband. We both had the "early bird." I had the counry fried chicken with black pepper gravy, salad, sweet potato fries and collards with banana pudding for dessert. My husband had the meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy, cole slaw and an ice cream sundae for dessert. Each meal was $9.99. The food was delicious and the price can't be beat. The service was friendly and efficient. We'll be back.

3  Thank 47sissy23