“two summers / two visits”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW
Ranked #30 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed 25 July 2016

My family and I have stayed at this hotel twice now. We stayed here last summer (August 2015) and this summer (June 2016). Both trips were family vacation trips through North Carolina with Raleigh as a stopping point. Both times were great. Last summer when we stayed, there was a little league baseball tournament going on somewhere nearby, and there were some teams staying at this hotel. Despite that, it was still quiet and the breakfast area was still clean and well taken care of. It was not as crowded when we stayed this time, but both visits were great and the kids and their baseball teams didn't bother us last summer. The staff were very helpful and professional. The rooms were great, relaxing, and clean. The breakfast choices were good as well as the breakfast area (not very crowded). The indoor swimming pool is very nice and my children really enjoyed swimming there. We do recommend your hotel, and more and likely we will stay at this hotel again on future trips because we enjoy stopping in Raleigh (Raleigh is a family friendly city in our opinion).

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
RDUGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

We are pleased that we could provide accommodations while you visited the greater Raleigh area. This review is just what we like to hear; thank for recommending us. We hope to see you and your family back soon.

In hospitality,

Reviewed 20 June 2016

I arrived after midnight so I didn't have much time to really enjoy all the nice things about this hotel. Somehow I got an incredible deal on Hotwire and ended up here, and it was pretty much impeccable! Super clean, comfortable bed, room had great amenities (wifi worked great, TV had many different HBO channels, room had fridge and microwave) and the staff was efficient and friendly. They allowed me to check out an hour late. In the breakfast area, tea and coffee etc. plus fruit was available all the time. Wish I had had time to use the great fitness center too! I would definitely stay here again! Getting to the airport took only 10 minutes from here (you'd have to have a car though--no shuttle).
My only suggestion would be that they need better soap/shampoo/conditioner. The stuff they provide is not very good. Everything else about this place is top notch.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
RDUGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2016

We're so happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and this awesome review.

Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

I brought my daughter & friend to Raleigh for Animazement convention. I Found the hotel to be clean quiet and close to downtown. Breakfast had both hot & cold items and was well stocked. I was exspecially pleased with front desk staff. Since it was raining on Sunday, I asked for a late check out & they granted my wishes. It made my stay in Raleigh very comfortable.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
RDUGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2016

We love to make our guest feel comfortable! Thank you for staying with us.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 18 May 2016

Stayed here because it was close to the pnc arena . It was around 10 minutes or a little less away. Our room was nice, big and clean. The staff was very nice and helpful. Typical hotel breakfast. Great pool area and workout room. Would stay again

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
RDUGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2016

We would love to have you stay again! Thank you very much for this awesome review.

All the best,

Reviewed 17 May 2016

Very clean, friendly staff, close to my conference at NC State University, conveniently located off I-40. Nice breakfast options and lite dinner offered during midweek stays. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
RDUGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2016

And we would be happy to have you back! Thank you for your kind words.

All the best,

GM

Reviewed 17 May 2016

Very friendly and helpful staff. Very clean.Good breakfast. This is above average and very comfortable. It was very tastefully decorated. One side does face a freeway and some people might not like that side when choosing a room. We were attending a wedding and picked this place because it was about 5 minutes from the event. Very nice.

Room Tip: One side looks out on a highway some might not like that.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family

We're elated you enjoyed your accommodations with us! Come back when you like.

In hospitality,

Reviewed 10 May 2016

I rarely give 1 star ratings, but our experience was terrible. My absolute lowest standards are for a hotel to be clean and that I get a good night's sleep. This hotel was clean, but it was the noisiest hotel I've stayed in. Both my husband and I only got a few hours sleep the two nights that we stayed there.

The first night there was a large group staying at the hotel and we spent all night lying in bed listening to teenage girls giggle until 1 am. Who chaperones these teens? The second night a nearby family decided to have a screaming match with each other and when they finally quit a group of smokers outside were loud outside our window. Add to that the barking dogs and the kids running up and down the halls and this place felt like a zoo!

The AC was very noisy, but the blessing was that when it was on it drowned out the other noises. The shower had very weak water pressure. The breakfast room was very crowded and no seats both mornings which was very unpleasant.

On the positive side: the place felt new and clean, close to the interstate and NC State. The wifi and breakfast are free. The room had a safe, there was a pool and fitness center. On a weekday night with considerate other guests this would be an ok place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2016

Dear azogal,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Raleigh SW NC State, NC. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us, especially with the air conditioning and the noise during your stay. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Raleigh .

Orlando A.