“Really Upscale Embassy Suites” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek

Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek
Ranked #2 of 83 Hotels in Raleigh
Houston, Texas
“Really Upscale Embassy Suites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

I'm not sure how old the property is but it was really maintained and luxurious for an Embassy Suites. I was here for a weekend stay and the rooms were spacious with a comfortable bed, kitchenette and large shower. The complimentary hot breakfast was delicious and the eating area was typical of a casual restaurant not just some old tables & chairs thrown together. I also ordered food one night from the in-house restaurant the was very good and reasonably priced for a hotel. It was a rainy weekend while I was visiting the area so the safe well lit parking garage was great to get in and out without getting soaked. There's also plenty of parking space right in front the hotel. The area was very lush with a lot of shopping/dining options. If I visit again this hotel will definitely be my first choice!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank DBHouston
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, 17 June 2012
Dear DBHouston: Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel in such detail – very useful information for other travelers and potential guests! Our hotel just celebrated its second birthday early in June, and we are working hard to keep it looking as new and fresh as we can. The covered parking, reasonably priced and high quality in-house café, Flying Spoons, our breakfast and décor, as well as our location and numerous nearby amenities certainly offer a host of conveniences that are useful to travelers. We hope to see you on your next visit, and look forward to providing another very pleasant stay – thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel several weeks ago with my two daughters while attending a wedding. While unloading what seemed to be a ton of belongings, a hotel staff worker came up to our car and took all of our luggage to the room without hesitation. We were greeted and checked in by a lovely blonde girl with a big warm smile, who made us feel welcomed. Later in the night, we had a problem with a toilet that would not quit running. I phoned the desk and the gentleman who unloaded my car (Bill I think his name was), was at the door in minutes. After working on the toilet for a few minutes, he told me that he was unable to repair it and that he didn't have the proper tools. He said he could move us to another room and he must have seen the disappointment in my expression (I had a spare bed set up and my kids were settling down for bed) because he made a phone call and then asked me if it would be ok if he returned in 20 or 30 minutes. I gladly said yes if we didn't have to move. In about 15 or 20 minutes, he was back with a small tool box and in minutes the toilet was fixed and we were very impressed.

The next morning, we had a wonderful breakfast and enjoyed the nice clean pool before heading off to the wedding. My experience with this hotel was wonderful. I felt like a VIP guest in a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Toni R: Thank you for sharing the details of your stay at the Embassy Suites Brier Creek. I am glad to hear of the attentiveness and welcome that was displayed by our team on your arrival, this is indeed the spirit that we aspire to for each guest. It appears that we missed a maintenance issue with the toilet that ran on, but happy that Bill (he’s truly an asset to our team) was able to cure that problem so that you could relax and enjoy the rest of your stay with us. I hope that we have a chance to give you that same VIP treatment soon, thank you.
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

new and inviting hotel. Everything felt very clean. Great lobby and comforatable lobby to relax in for the managers reception each night. Breakfast area was well attended to and clean, all employees i encountered were freindly and accomodating.
Was the smallest "suite" i have ever been in but very nice room features. Location is very close to the main rds and very close to eateries and shopping. Perfect mid-location b/t downtown Raleigh and Durham.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

I had such high expectations for this hotel. My husband and I were looking for a local one-night getaway to escape the routine and have some time away from the kids. Everything about the hotel seemed ideal, including the "new concept" studio king. We are big fans of embassy suites, especially when traveling as a family, and the studio king seemed like a great thing to try out for the two of us.

The room was very small - smaller than a typically non-suite hotel room. The layout was goofy in that the bathroom was on the exterior wall. This allowed just one exterior window that could not be seen from the bed, making the room feel dark and cramped. The best part of the room was the shower - very spacious with all kinds of jets.

The other major problem with the layout is that it put the bed immediately adjacent to the hallway. The noise from the corridor was unreal. They somehow designed the doors to slam shut at the last second, so anyone on our side of the elevators could be heard coming and going at all times. We were woken up from a sound sleep at 11pm by people laughing/yelling in the hallway and having some sort of party a few doors down. So much for our romantic getaway. I felt like I was on spring break at Myrtle Beach. I called the front desk to complain about the noise, and they did send someone promptly to try and put a halt to it, but it took a loooong time for everyone to settle down. I know this can happen at any hotel, but the bed so close to the corridor, along with the wood floors, compounded the noise problem. I would've also appreciated some sort of an apology from the staff. As I'm standing there in the corridor with my pajamas on, the staff was just looking at me shrugging her shoulders like "what can you do?" Bad deal.

The remaining parts of the hotel were fine - good breakfast that you'd expect with Embassy Suites, and plenty of seating. Parking underneath the hotel was very convenient in the rain. The lobby was nice - much smaller than a typical ES, but it had a chic boutique hotel feel to it.

We may have had an entirely different experience if we went with a standard room and didn't end up on a floor with bozos, but I can only review what happened with us. As you'll see from my history of reviews, I'm not typically a complainer, but this really was a disappointing experience.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank beynac
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

I travel a bit for work and try to stay at Hilton properties because of the loyalty program. I needed to find a place near RDU because I had a very early flight out the next morning. This Embassy Suites is one of the best I've stayed in. It appears to be a new property and the rooms are very well appointed. Mine was layed out a bit differently then the usual Embassy Suites room but was very nice. The front desk staff were great as were the folks working the bar during the manager's reception. I especially appreciated that the one bartender spent some time with my co-worker and me helping us figure out where to go for dinner -- her recommendation (Brixx Pizza) was great. Everything was spotlessly clean. The bed and linens were very comfortable and I don't remember hearing any airport noise at all. I would highly recommend this property for anyone needing to travel through the RDU area.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
San Jose, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

Even as I opened the door the first couple inches, they had already earned points in my book. Wood floors! I hate hotel carpet. I can't think of really anything dirtier than hotel carpet. Wood floors really make a lot of sense. I don't know why more hotels don't use them. The room I was provided on the 7th floor was divided into three spacious spaces. You walked in and to your right was a great little fully functional kitchenette with expansive counters that also functioned as a desk area. Ahead a living room with a comfy sectional to lounge on. In the next two rooms, a separate bedroom and a very spacious L shaped bathroom with shower. I had been on the road for three nights already that week in three different hotels and this was the most comfortable bed and room.

The staff was very kind at every interaction. The front desk clerk made sure that they hand delivered a brown bag breakfast to my room once they heard my request for a wake-up call at 4:15am in order to make an early morning flight. The restaurant downstairs showed some much appreciated flexibility when I asked for some substitutions on my dinner order to make it a little healthier and it really turned out delicious.
And when I ran out very early the next morning to make my flight, I loved that I was only one exit up from the airport. This is a great easy location, close to shopping and restaurants. I would definitely recommend it to Raleigh-Durham travelers.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank NorthernCalifornia67
Greensboro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I work as a pilot and was staying the night in RDU. I was booked at the Embassy Suites by my company. I primarly stay at Hilton chains because of the good service and great rooms. Well, this is a new hotel and I have to say, I was GREATLY surprised!! The rooms were magnificent, the service was outstanding! I cant just name one as everyone seemed to be at their top performance. The hotel is modeled wonderfully as well as the rooms being large and accomidating. I am not saying that they are all good places, but this one really stood out. I live not too far from there and plan on taking my wife there for a weekend get away, something we havent done in a long time. There are plenty of other places to go eat and shop and things to do there. I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Dear Randy: Thank you for your wonderful comments about your visit to our Embassy Suites RDU / Brier Creek, and your loyalty to Hilton Hotels Worldwide. As much as you enjoyed the facility, and we are indeed fortunate to have a great building, I am even more gratified to know that our staff displayed a high level of care, service and consistency during your stay. We look forward to creating future pleasant stays when you do return on business or for a weekend getaway with your wife - thanks again.