All reviews two sinks front desk breakfast buffet raleigh north great customer service would stay again nice room close to downtown clean rooms nice stay natalie inns laptop microwave duke clerk highway
Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

I haven't stayed in a Holiday Inn for more than 10 years and boy was I astonished and surprised on how nice and accommodating the property was! The hotel was very comforting, quiet, and affordable. The front desk associate was very warm and thanked me for being a new rewards member. I was offered free water and a snack for being a member. I stayed in a king size room and the room was clean, nice and cold, and ample in size. I also ordered room service and my order was delivered 15-20 minutes later with a warm welcome from the employee. If I had to make a compliant, I would say that the toilet ran every once in a while. However, it wasn't bothersome enough for me to complain.
I would definitely stay at this property for a quick one night stay in the future. It was affordably priced and the staff was wonderful! The customer service definitely put the icing on the cake for me. Thank you Raleigh ladies for making this stay that much more pleasurable!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Andrew S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Raleigh North - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2017

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are delighted to hear that your stay was so pleasurable and that our staff was so welcoming. We truly hope to see you again in the future. Take care.

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

absolutely fantastic stay great service great food manager went way out of his to help us.

i screwed up and made reservations for wrong night initially got charged but both managers reversed charge and also got in early to room

Thanks managers and staff
Raymond Cullen
Orlando Florida

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Andrew S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Raleigh North - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am very happy to hear that managers and staff were able to rectify the challenges encountered. We truly hope to see you again. Take care

Regards,
Andrew S
AGM

Reviewed August 8, 2017

Overall we only stayed one night thank God but this hotel is NOT worth the money especially when there is 2 other hotels next door. We had a government discount or else I would've stayed at the Hilton. You can easily compare prices on all websites by using Google and typing in the hotels name. If the price is more than 80$ it's not worth the money! I almost wish we would've driven back to base. This place was a disaster. Not only did an employee walk into our room for a "wake up call" but I found ants in the breakfast and the elevator felt like a sauna. The room is a good size but overall it comes down to price you can always find hotels in the area that are way nicer for 20 - 40$ more. I only ended up picking this hotel ultimately because breakfast was included and if you do the math of how much breakfast costs I thought it was worth it. WRONG! Stay somewhere cheaper if you have to and eat out. Unless you're a male traveling with other guys for a day trip then it's perfect for you. Our friends who stayed in a separate room didn't care much because they were drinking the whole time and barely remembered a thing so if you're traveling for a holiday and drinking and don't plan on being in the room much then this place is for you!

Room Tip: check on their website IHG become a rewards member to compare prices and discounts
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Raleigh North - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2017

Hi LauraOrosco,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. I am delighted our location suited your travel well. We strive every day to create special experiences one guest at a time and we are truly sorry we did not live up to your expectations.

Please accept our sincere apology for the issues you had at breakfast. I also regret that you found the level of service you received from our staff less than satisfactory. I would like to assure you that this experience is not indicative of our usual high standards. We have taken note of your comments and have shared them with our management team to review the procedures we have in place and make necessary improvements to our service to ensure guests do not experience this in the future.

Thank you again for sharing your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next future visit and see the improvements made.

Kind Regards,

Dianne L.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed July 24, 2017

So I'll make a list of what I did and did not like:
Likes: 1. nice/modern decor as soon as you walk in the lobby area, 2. seemed to be in a safe location/area and never felt as if safety would be an issue, 3. near lots of places to eat within probably a 3 mile radius, 4. work out room available (i didn't use it so can't comment any further), 5. outdoor pool (i didn't use it so no further comments), 6. Staff was friendly at check in, 6. no issues with parking, 7. refrigerator in room

Dislikes: 1. $5 per person charge for breakfast. Every other Holiday Inn that I have stayed at has breakfast included. Additionally i feel like I have had other breakfast with more or the same amount of the variety that was free. No waffle maker :-( If I'm going to pay, I expect a little bit more variety. 2. no microwave in room

Overall it was a good stay. The room was ... okay but comfortable. Nothing exceptional but no complaints.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Princess Y
Andrew S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Raleigh North - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2017

Thank you for feedback. We are glad that your stay was, for the most part, to your liking. We will certainly address those issues mentioned to ensure a better stay next time. Take care.

Regards,
Andrew S.

Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

Older hotel that could use some updates but I have to say, one of the more comfortable stays I've had in a while. Pillows and beds are clean and comfortable. Good staff. Bar and restaurant in house. Would stay again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Andrew S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Raleigh North - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to her that you enjoyed your stay. Take care