“Not worth it”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Sparians
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I didn't bowl because my wrist was sore. My wife , son and 2 nieces bowled. I tried to watch, but the couches are facing the bowlers sideways, and you just can't see the lane that well. I noticed that they start the 1 hour clock as soon as you pay, and it took over 5 minutes to get the balls and get the right size shoes. Everyone had to go back for a smaller size. They should start the clock when you hit the enter button and you are ready to bowl. The 4 of them bowled one full game and only 5 frames of the second game. That was not really worth it for $50 . They should let you finish your games. The place was not even half full. They would also comp one free soft drink at least for that $50. My wife complained that there was not enough room on the lane...she felt from the couch to the lane was to short. Some of the pins fell down in more than a few frames. Was it fun yes...but I think it is better suited for as a special treat....the kids get just as much fun at the local bowling alley for 1/2 the price.

1  Thank Alfio R

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I will preface this by saying that I could have hit Sparians on an off-night and just had bad luck, but overall I was disappointed. After a lackluster meal (just bland...everyone at the table had the same sentiments), we went over to bowl. My group of 4 was put in lane 1, which had a partition so that if you were seated on the couch, you couldn't see the bowler. Our server came around maybe two times. There were no reasonable sized balls available at first, so we wasted the first few minutes of our precious hour looking for balls. Then, I had read you can get free games by getting a strike when the red pin is up. Well, we must've gotten at least 5 strikes with the red pin. When we returned our shoes, I asked the lady about the free games. She said that your server has to verify them or someone has to witness it! Or you could take a video of it occurring. Ummmm....ok. It would have been nice to let us know this beforehand. For the price, it just wasn't worth it to me, and I doubt I would return (I certainly won't visit the restaurant part again...just mediocre and expensive).

1  Thank weheartsandals
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I get that everything about Sparians is better than your average bowling alley, especially the food and furnishings. But expect to pay a pretty penny for it. My kids are still in grade school and get 90% of the enjoyment at a Joe-bowling alley for about 1/2 the price.
However, if you are entertaining adults Joe-bowling alley might not be quite the thing which I wholly understand. Be advised it gets filled up pretty quickly; they had some sort of reservation scheme that I forget.

1  Thank Michael W
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Worth every dime! Food was delicious and staff very attentive. Private room and midtown suite really made our Family reunion special. Something for everyone and live music after our event. Get there early or be prepared to park. Great atmosphere