“Raleigh Hampton Inn is Family Friendly!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh Downtown
Ranked #8 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed 4 April 2017

We visited Raleigh for the Rock N Roll races with our family. Lots of things to do for children - museums and Pullen Park are easily accessible. Great free transit if you don't want to drive. Kids loved the pool and the complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 April 2017

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in downtown Raleigh last weekend for a ministry retreat. The accommodations were incredible--and the staff demonstrated that they LOVE going out of their way to help guests. My wife and I took our kids to the pool for a few hours, and one of the employees brought in pool toys, asking our permission first of course before offering them to the kids. This really surprised my wife and I... and the kids even noticed the attention to hospitality.

We unfortunately had an incident Saturday morning where my 11 year old daughter had a foot injury while leaving our room, due to no fault of the hotel (she hung her toenail on the door while it was closing). The staff came with a first aid kit, helped us bandage her, and even joked around with my daughter to keep her calm while we were cleaning her injury up. I especially want to call out Trey and Destiny for helping us Saturday morning... thank you!

This staff has demonstrated that they go the extra mile to 'wow' their guests. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

On the Glenwood Ave side of the hotel are several restaurants and bars but the opposite side is not attractive. The fitness center is well equipped but the pool is small. Room 605 was large as was its bathroom. The staff was very pleasant. My biggest concern is the wall-mounted air conditioner. It's quite noisy and blows directly onto the bed

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2017

The employees were so very helpful and nice. Although there could be more at the front desk to help the check in/out processes go smoother. If you are staying over the weekend ask for a room in the back of the hotel so not to hear the downtown Raleigh nightlife. Overall a good place to stay when you are in the area.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 March 2017

I stayed at this hotel because there were no more rooms at the Brownstone where a professional training program was taking place. The room was about what I expected in terms of size. Comfortable bed. The walk-in shower was a nice touch, as was the touch pad door key. The television did not work, which was only a little annoying since I read my Kindle. I was very disappointed in the breakfast bar. There were no potatoes or grits. Man does not live by eggs, waffles, french toast, and pork sausage. The location was very close to some good restaurants. The staff was very nice and helpful. I enjoyed some time in the indoor pool, which was comfortably heated. I am not sure that I would go to that property again. Sorry to say this, but Sleep Inn would have been better.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2017

I always stay at this Hampton when I travel to Raleigh. It's in a great location and the rooms are always very clean with a great staff. They have a great breakfast bar and if you ever need anything the staff goes out of their way to assist you.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2017

The staff were extremely courteous and helpful. They jumped my car battery when I left the dome light on and there was a huge fire in the city that left 100's without a space to be and they helped rescue them and their pets. I was impressed with their professionalism and grace to others.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business