“More like a 2.5, but I rounded up”
Review of Kimbap

Kimbap
Ranked #147 of 1,609 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

We haven't been here in a little while so we figured we'd give it a go. We have loved this place in the past and it was still good, but boy have the prices gone up. The bimbimbap was more than 50% more than the last time we were there. Not only that, but portion sizes (at least on the bibimbap) have gotten smaller. We usually both get the bimbimbap since we love it so much but I decided to get the Korean fried chicken this time. Not impressed. I could have gotten the same flavor for a lot less in the frozen section of our local grocery store. The price of the chicken comes to over $7 for each of the 3 small pieces that I was given. I have no doubt that it is fresh food all of the time, but I won't be rushing back anytime soon. Sorry to see one of our favorites go this direction. Looks like we will be checking out Soo's next time.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed December 21, 2017

I don’t think the food was anything special and it was overpriced. The plac3 is very small and the seating is uncomfortable.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed November 28, 2017

We enjoyed a really great lunch fresh well prepared food friendly staff it's a pretty small place but there's some outdoor seating. There's a very small menu but everything we tried on it was very good. I would definitely go again

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed October 26, 2017 via mobile

So, by now you all know that their jackfruit ice cream is the champion and do I really need to tell you how wonderful the staff and owner is? How she ALWAYS personally thanks you for eating at her restaurant do I????!!!!! NOOOOO!!!!!!!! YOU NEED TO ENJOY THE FOOD TOO!!!! Like the free app you get with dinner was samples of seaweed salad, green beans salad, and a tofu salad that sweet and spicy and dinner was Korean fried chicken and with these herb dinner pancakes and maple syrup and the fresh made apple cake with organic vanilla ice cream and toasted nut mix!!!! I missed the introduction of new dinner items but, great news is starting next week they'll have them and longer dinner hours and the Korean tacos you get for lunch on Tuesdays will be three tacos and offered everyday!!!!!!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed September 29, 2017

A friend suggested Kimbap for lunch as we were at Logans shopping for plants. I'm a foodie and I'm sold on this place. The bibimbap was amazing. I had the chicken, which was great. The sunny side up egg on top and the hot sauce made it better. They could have cooked the egg another 1/2 minute or so for the white to get thoroughly cooked. The only disappointment was that they didn't have beef. Apparently they took all their beef to the farmer's market for the day. Doesn't seem like good planning, but I'll be back..it was that good..just not on a Wednesday.

Date of visit: September 2017