“A hidden gem”

Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed June 16, 2016

We recently rediscovered Dalat after being regulars some years back. A change of jobs and locations......It has been wonderful to learn that the oriental/Vietnamese food is as always, well prepared and plentiful. The crispy egg noodle delight is a particular favorite, with fish sauce. While the exterior or the building looks a bit rundown in a small college shopping center, don't let that fool you. The trip is worth it and you'll be back!

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed April 14, 2016 via mobile

We went to Dalat for an early dinner. The food was delicious and the service was very attentive. We shared the shrimp Dalat egg rolls - very good! I had the chicken noodle vermicelli soup - great! My husband had the chicken lemongrass vermicelli. Our dishes were served with fresh herbs and sauces on the side.
We both really enjoyed our dinner and have thought about it a number of times since then. We wish we lived closer so we could eat there more often. This is a popular spot, I would recommend going early.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed November 11, 2015

I have been a regular customer for lunch and always enjoyed everything I had previously ordered. Today I specifically chose Dalet because I knew that I could eat a low carb meal. I ordered the ginger salad and was quite pleased with my dish. When I was leaving to pay my bill the owner told me that she can make any dish low carb, eliminating rice and additional vegetables. She also told me that the vegetables come from the local farmer's market. I look forward to returning and taking her up on her offer to adapt to a low carb request. The plates are generous and great value for the price.

Date of visit: November 2015
1  Thank Robin L
Reviewed November 2, 2015

I have been going here for most of my life. When I was younger, I didn't like it because it was not chicken nuggets. Then I grew up and realized how wonderful it was. I used to order off of their Chinese menu ( I still wasn't that adventurous at the time when it came to food) and get the general tso's chicken or the sesame chicken. It was very good but I haven't had that for a while now. Now I get the vermicelli noodles with springs rolls and pork. It is wonderful. It has got to be one of my favorite meals ever. They have the best egg rolls I have ever had. Also, the wonton soup is very different but so flavorful. Most of my family gets that as there go to. I should try to venture out into something different but I let my dad do that and I will just take a bite. I know what I want from here. Also, their fresh squeezed lemonade is really more of a limeade but it also delicious. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it :) My only issue would be that I have taken several of my co-workers here on our lunch break. And the service is pretty slow at times and they have new waitstaff. If you go with a group of people, I would recommend that you have extra time because you may need it.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed October 3, 2015

I used to eat at Dalat in the early 2000s and I always remembered their summer rolls - the rice paper wrapped rolls which are served cold. I ate at Dalat today after many years and the summer rolls are still the best that I've had. The peanut dipping sauce is just right too - not too peanuty Because it was a cold day, I ordered a bowl of soup and it was nice to see that they had a small and large bowl sized option.

The atmosphere is sterile but the way its always been. I'm glad that nothing has changed.

Date of visit: October 2015