“Everything we tried was delicious”
Review of Garland

Garland
Reserve with OpenTable
Garland is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 1,577 Restaurants in Raleigh
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

We came here the first time on a food tour and knew we wanted to return. Finally, we made it back and the three small plates we tried were delicious (pakora, cauliflower 65, halloumi). We had the cucumbers with peppers in the food tour and that was excellent as well.
The Cauliflower 65 will be in my dreams. It has a nice jalapeno flavor without being too spicy. I love that because I don't care to have my mouth on fire. The Pakora was crispy and salty. It reminded me of french fries except much better. I'm also a sucker for good chutney and Garland delivered.

Reviewed March 18, 2018

A Raleigh Gem - This is one of the better quality establishments in Raleigh. The food was incredible. We tried several of the small plates as well as a large plate - Pork Belly (which was good for two). The Roasted Beet Salad was bursting with flavor, the Scallops were cooked perfectly, the lamb sausage was super tasty and the Hummus was chunky and delicious. The cocktails were well prepared - we were sampling gins this evening and were not disappointed. Now for the CONS - we were seated promptly and our serve initially was attentive. As the place filled up, he spent more time with other patrons than us - unfortunate. The tables are small and not condusive to holding many small plates. The noise level became almost annoying - we had to shout to be hear ourselves. Recommend you request a table at the front of the building. Overall, will be back!

Reviewed March 15, 2018

This is imaginative cuisine - a modern interpretation of East Indian dishes and spices. We especially enjoyed the small plates or appetizers and found that 2 per person was plenty for a modest dinner, especially if you plan on having some dessert. The service was attentive and the ambience was pleasant. We had 6pm reservations and by 7pm the restaurant was filling up with diners waiting for tables and the noise level rising. The beer and cocktail choices are imaginative and unique. Having stopped in for lunch a few months ago, we were glad that we gave the dinner menu a try.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

We met family from out of town here Friday for dinner. We enjoyed our cocktails as well as the hummus and the cauliflower as appetizers for the table. I had the Local Catch for my entree, and it was fabulous—several yummy flavors and textures! Wow!

Reviewed March 3, 2018

My wife and I visited Garland for the first time recently and enjoyed the experience. We had the pork rice bowl and corn cakes and while both were very good the flavor of the pork bowl overshadowed the corn cakes and made them harder to really enjoy. One minor complaint is we arrived 5 minutes early for our 5:30 reservation and the doors were not unlocked until exactly 5:30 so we waited outside in the cold. Not a big deal but I appreciate when restaurants open their doors a few minutes before the first reservation even if they don't seat customers. Overall, the food and service was good but not quite worth the high prices in my opinion.

Been to Garland? Share your experiences!