“My favorite place”

Frank's Pizza & Italian Restaurant
Ranked #347 of 1,537 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed March 6, 2015

Every time I go to Franks I have a great experience. Franks is one restaurant I grew up eating. It truly a hidden gem. The staff is warm and friendly you can tell they are like a family. The pizza is amazing but , it does not stop there. I would recommend the cheesy garlic bread and a chicken hoagie as well. The food is consistently good and has yet to disappoint me. They have been open for years and are well loved an known in the community. I definitely recommended it Raleigh native to otherwise.

Reviewed February 23, 2015 via mobile

they advertise to call take out ordders but. They answer the phone and hang up in your face. this happened 5 times tonight. Then while I'm walking in the door I dial the number and behold the server answers. I tell her I'm here now why didn't you answer when I wasn't. She replied we were busy. It was only one table occupied. While paying for my order one server ask me if my last name was Freeman. I ask why. She says if that was you calling we were to busy to answer. I replied you are empty.....and your missing money hanging up on customers. She became upset then and we exchanged words. The owner advised her to be quiet....she told him no, she could speak if she wanted too. He and I was trying to advise the dummy that I am paying her check by purchasing food there. Too uneducated to understand. I will never return!

1  Thank Nybius H
Reviewed December 1, 2014 via mobile

Called to place an order at a local Italian place at 830pm. Reviews looked great and I was in from out of town. Rude lady letting me know that they were closed. Update the closing time.

2  Thank Trent H
Reviewed November 15, 2014

I first ate at Frank’s 34 years ago when the area next door to them was the King Charles Post Office substation and the far corner of their shopping center was a Kerr Drug. I lived near there then and ate there fairly often. Today the place is rather unchanged inside from what I remember back then, so it is dated but I like it. The shopping center has had several more buildings added, both the Post Office and the drug store are gone and the area looks a bit seedy, but I still go there occasionally.
I recently was at an area meeting with a lady who decided that she wanted pasta, and we only had an hour to eat. Since she has never lived around there and I no longer do, I decided to give Frank’s another try after a fairly long absence.
I will skip any attempt at superlatives and simply say that I used to really enjoy the food there and I still do. The lady with me noted that the calzone was seasoned better than most places season them and I noted that they still use real ricotta cheese. The waitress was attentive and everything went smoothly and we kept on our tight time schedule. I guess I am going to have to eat there a bit more often again, to try some of their other items. I enjoyed eating there again and I think that others will find the experience worthwhile also.

Reviewed October 24, 2014 via mobile

Best pizza I have had in a long time. Try their pizza with sausage. It is delicious!!! This restaurant is tiny and ugly but don't let that fool you, the food is great and the staff is friendly.