“Terrible staff working for him!”

Frank's Pizza & Italian Restaurant
Ranked #384 of 1,609 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed September 10, 2015

If you can get past the ghetto superstars he has working for him, you can get a decent pizza! Just had a very bad experience trying to place an order over the phone with one of his workers (Zukina), yeah, the name says enough. Anyways, after placing me on hold for over 10 minutes, I hung up and called back just to get attitude from her. Upon arriving to pick up the pizza, I expressed my concern to Frank, the owner and he did apologize but didn't even feel I was important enough to make eye contact with me. I will definitely not be going back!

Date of visit: September 2015
1  Thank Dawn W

Reviewed August 25, 2015

Love their eggplant toppling. Thinly sliced and fried. Their mushrooms are canned though and the green peppers taste strange.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed April 15, 2015

My fiancee and I get Frank's pretty often. Definitely best pizza in Southest Raleigh, and so far the best I have had in the Triangle in my 3 years living here. Tucked away inside the Longview Shopping Center off New Bern Avenue. If you are heading downtown for the nightstop at Frank's for some good eats!

Date of visit: April 2015
Reviewed March 6, 2015

Every time I go to Franks I have a great experience. Franks is one restaurant I grew up eating. It truly a hidden gem. The staff is warm and friendly you can tell they are like a family. The pizza is amazing but , it does not stop there. I would recommend the cheesy garlic bread and a chicken hoagie as well. The food is consistently good and has yet to disappoint me. They have been open for years and are well loved an known in the community. I definitely recommended it Raleigh native to otherwise.

Date of visit: March 2015
Reviewed February 23, 2015 via mobile

they advertise to call take out ordders but. They answer the phone and hang up in your face. this happened 5 times tonight. Then while I'm walking in the door I dial the number and behold the server answers. I tell her I'm here now why didn't you answer when I wasn't. She replied we were busy. It was only one table occupied. While paying for my order one server ask me if my last name was Freeman. I ask why. She says if that was you calling we were to busy to answer. I replied you are empty.....and your missing money hanging up on customers. She became upset then and we exchanged words. The owner advised her to be quiet....she told him no, she could speak if she wanted too. He and I was trying to advise the dummy that I am paying her check by purchasing food there. Too uneducated to understand. I will never return!

Date of visit: February 2015