“Nice relaxed place,great food”

Frank's Pizza & Italian Restaurant
Ranked #347 of 1,531 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed November 1, 2015

We went there for dinner early on a Saturday evening. This is a little place in a strip mall in southeast Raleigh where we visited to see our niece in high school play. The reviews were good and they were accurate. The takeout was moderately busy. The dining area was cozy but comfortable. The four of us could talk over the upbeat music. The menu is classic Italian Bistro. Lots of interesting classics and some unusual stuff like "White Italian Pizza." Clearly, Frank takes pride in his menu and apparently closely supervises what the kitchen puts out. Our server was friendly and enthusiastic. She really put out extra effort to take care of us. The food was great; clearly made to order with care. Excellent pizza and standard pasta dishes. Nothing fancy, but every dish well done. There was no wine or beer on the menu, but they have both at reasonable prices. This place would fit well in any small town in Italy, except that the servers were not Italian. We had a delightful meal at a reasonable price. When we visit the area again, we will certainly stop in for dinner.

Reviewed September 10, 2015

If you can get past the ghetto superstars he has working for him, you can get a decent pizza! Just had a very bad experience trying to place an order over the phone with one of his workers (Zukina), yeah, the name says enough. Anyways, after placing me on hold for over 10 minutes, I hung up and called back just to get attitude from her. Upon arriving to pick up the pizza, I expressed my concern to Frank, the owner and he did apologize but didn't even feel I was important enough to make eye contact with me. I will definitely not be going back!

1  Thank Dawn W
Reviewed August 25, 2015

Love their eggplant toppling. Thinly sliced and fried. Their mushrooms are canned though and the green peppers taste strange.

Reviewed April 15, 2015

My fiancee and I get Frank's pretty often. Definitely best pizza in Southest Raleigh, and so far the best I have had in the Triangle in my 3 years living here. Tucked away inside the Longview Shopping Center off New Bern Avenue. If you are heading downtown for the nightstop at Frank's for some good eats!

Reviewed March 6, 2015

Every time I go to Franks I have a great experience. Franks is one restaurant I grew up eating. It truly a hidden gem. The staff is warm and friendly you can tell they are like a family. The pizza is amazing but , it does not stop there. I would recommend the cheesy garlic bread and a chicken hoagie as well. The food is consistently good and has yet to disappoint me. They have been open for years and are well loved an known in the community. I definitely recommended it Raleigh native to otherwise.